Commissioner of college basketball

I think it would be good for their to be a commissioner for football and basketball. Have a different one for each sport then have another one over all other sports.  To me there needs to be one voice or at least a committee to make all major decisions. We can't have individual conferences deciding whether or not they will be playing football so something needs to change.  So my question is if you were the commissioner of basketball what things would you do first.

1) Work with the NBA about the eligibility rules- hopefully getting them to allow guys straight out of high school and get rid f the one and done rule. Then make it a rule that if you come to college then you would have to stay at least 2 years before entering.  I would love 3 years but I think you would have way more kids making mistakes by going straight to the NBA.  I look at guys like tJD or Lander who wouldn't go straight to the draft but if they had to stay 3 years they might make that move.

2) Change transfer rules- Either let players transfer without having to sit out or make it a rule that you have to sit out a year.  Having some get waivers while other don't is not right so there has to be one rule.  I would go with let them transfer one time without having a penalty but if they want to transfer a 2nd time then they have to sit out.  Also if a coach eaves the school then any player or recruit can leave without penalty.

3) Implement rules for NIL-  Even though I don't like this ruling it will be here so you need to be able to at least regulate it.  I just wouldn't want a big bidding wars for the top players so there has to be some kind of thing they can put in to determine what would be allowed and what wouldn't to keep your eligibility.  I see nothing wrong with letting them earn money from a YouTube channel or their likeness from a video game.  I don't want big companies and alumni of a certain college offering these players millions of dollars to endorse something.

4) I know most won't like this but I would change the shot clock back to 45 seconds.  To me the offense in college basketball has gotten so bad it is sometimes hard to watch.  We see way to many teams taking to many bad shots at the end of the shot clock so to me this needs changed.

5) More severe punishments on coaches you cheats.  To me I would have a 2 strike and your out rule.  The first offense of a level 1 charge you get suspended 1 year.  2nd offense you are banned for life.

Archived