2021- Ben Gregg

gnet550

3 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Never knew we were in on this guy or offered, but apparently we have. On this edit we are shown. My guess is we aren’t favorites here. Anyone have any info on him?

1FAF9092-58F3-4B48-9EC0-BFC84A783ADA.png

I wonder why he chose a picture where he's traveling. 

I'm guessing we're not going to be the choice since it would be completely out of the blue. Pretty good ranking, though.

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

Didnt this just happen a year or 2 ago where a player had us in his top...whatever and ended up "accepting" a scholorship to play for us except he was never even recruited by us?  Or did I just huff too much paint at work today?

I remember the same thing. I think it was a unranked or maybe 3* wing (guard or SF) from Florida but I can't remember his name and all my attempts at searching for it are coming up with nothing. Maybe we're both remembering wrong.

21 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I remember the same thing. I think it was a unranked or maybe 3* wing (guard or SF) from Florida but I can't remember his name and all my attempts at searching for it are coming up with nothing. Maybe we're both remembering wrong.

Was it this kid? Van Zyl?

He posted on Twitter that he got an offer but that turned out not to be the case...

10 minutes ago, Crimson Creamer said:

David Williams 

Yep, that was it. I thought it was longer ago 3Ballin stated but I didn't think that long ago. I was thinking one of Crean's last classes or Miller's first class. I had just remembered his last name before seeing your post. Surprised it was all the way back in 2009, though. Time flies. 

I did not know that I was just allowed to announce that I would be playing basketball for IU without a scholarship offer (or in my case contact with the coach or any perceptible talent for that matter). 

Here goes: I would like to announce that I will be playing basketball for Indiana University!

Coach Miller: feel free to contact me at anytime. I expect to start and have the offense built around me. This will require some serious coaching, because I am slow, not tall, can't jump or shoot and have hardly played basketball in over 20 years 😉!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived