President McRobbie to retire

This guy.  Raise your hand if you knew old president Jordan from the 1800 supported eugenics or if you support eugenics.  Yep, me either.  If you want to virtue signal, wash the stain of kinsey's name off the walls 

https://news.iu.edu/stories/2020/09/iub/releases/24-president-mcrobbbie-recommends-removal-jordan-namings.html

Some real next level thinking here. 

• Renaming Jordan Hall as the Biology Building.
  • Renaming the Jordan Avenue Parking Garage as the East Parking Garage.
  • Renaming the Jordan River as Campus River.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

This guy.  Raise your hand if you knew old president Jordan from the 1800 supported eugenics or if you support eugenics.  Yep, me either.  If you want to virtue signal, wash the stain of kinsey's name off the walls 

https://news.iu.edu/stories/2020/09/iub/releases/24-president-mcrobbbie-recommends-removal-jordan-namings.html

How many people/students/anyone knew anything about this, or really care that some guy 140 years had some beliefs that doesn't fit the norm then or today? Had McRobbie not dug this up and brought it to light would anyone really have cared.  Does anyone really believe having his name on something is reflecting the beliefs of the University of today?  

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

How many people/students/anyone knew anything about this, or really care that some guy 140 years had some beliefs that doesn't fit the norm then or today? Had McRobbie not dug this up and brought it to light would anyone really have cared.  Does anyone really believe having his name on something is reflecting the beliefs of the University of today?  

Let's be serious here Kinsey literally sexually abused children under the guise of research but is applauded.  This could quickly go p word so I'll stop right there.  

16 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped."

Glad McRobbie is focusing on all the important issues. I'd love for someone to dig through his past and find something that is out of line with today's cancel culture standards.

What a worthless piece of sh1t.

18 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped."

Glad McRobbie is focusing on all the important issues. I'd love for someone to dig through his past and find something that is out of line with today's cancel culture standards.

What a worthless piece of sh1t.

I don't talk about shi? that way! LOL

I don't know why the context of judging people in the context of the time they lived in is so difficult for some.  I'm guessing some social norms of today will be considered unacceptable in 140 years as well.

Foolish waste of time, but that could pretty much label McRobbie's entire tenure.

Archived