From our old home. 247 ranks the top college FB coaches

milehiiu

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Agree about Coach Allen.  All for one.

Never missed a home game as a student.  I blame the out of state students for the poor FB attendance. 

and why I think basketball is not selling out like they use to.  Even though we have been mediocre I think the attendance would be better if we had more in state students.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

and why I think basketball is not selling out like they use to.  Even though we have been mediocre I think the attendance would be better if we had more in state students.

Tell it brother ! 

Fill the house.  And the balcony.  Never missed a home BB game as a student.  And that was with Lou Watson as the coach at the time. 

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Tell it brother ! 

Fill the house.  And the balcony.  Never missed a home BB game as a student.  And that was with Lou Watson as the coach at the time. 

I know if I had went to IU Bloomington I would have went to as many games as possible.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know if I had went to IU Bloomington I would have went to as many games as possible.

Well. I Will say this. Just to be fair.  When i was a student at IU.. in the late 1960's... the cost of a universal student ticket to all sports was not very expensive.  Went to all FB, BB, and Baseball games.  Loved it.  Wish you could have done so as well.

Funny thing. Back then. No one even checked for my tickets to basketball or baseball games, for entry.  But they did ask for my tickets for football.   Loved going to all the games, as a student.  And could not understand why others did not want to attend.  I guess that was just me.  I especially loved going out to eat after IU FB games, with friends.  Because at that time there were no night games.

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well. I Will say this. Just to be fair.  When i was a student at IU.. in the late 1960's... the cost of a universal student ticket to all sports was not very expensive.  Went to all FB, BB, and Baseball games.  Loved it.  Wish you could have done so as well.

Funny thing. Back then. No one even checked for my tickets to basketball or baseball games, for entry.  But they did ask for my tickets for football.   Loved going to all the games, as a student.  And could not understand why others did not want to attend.  I guess that was just me.  I especially loved going out to eat after IU FB games, with friends.  Because at that time there were no night games.

My daughter got season tickets get freshman year for both basketball and football and I think it was around $300.  You couldn't just get basketball only ticket so you to get football ad well.  You could get football only and it was like $75 for the year.

11 hours ago, Sark said:

Even though Brohm has been responsible for a sizable increase in Purdue’s attendance, while Allen hasn’t been able to generate the same kind of bounce? 

They can have attendance figures; I'm more interested in the Bucket. 

The several thousand empty seats that watched us take it from them were cute, though. 

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

They can have attendance figures; I'm more interested in the Bucket. 

The several thousand empty seats that watched us take it from them were cute, though. 

Always hate losing the bucket and no doubt Allen has been a bargain for you guys so far. It’ll be interesting to see if/when other programs start coming after him hard to see whether your administration ponies up the money to keep him. 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

My daughter got season tickets get freshman year for both basketball and football and I think it was around $300.  You couldn't just get basketball only ticket so you to get football ad well.  You could get football only and it was like $75 for the year.

Never came close to paying those amounts for a universal ticket when I was a student.  I do understand that times have changed.  However... IU needs to do something about reducing the cost of attending IU sporting event, IMHO.  Do that... and perhaps we will see more butts in the stands for IU FB games.  And fill the balcony of Assembly Hall... as was years before.

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Never came close to paying those amounts for a universal ticket when I was a student.  I do understand that times have changed.  However... IU needs to do something about reducing the cost of attending IU sporting event, IMHO.  Do that... and perhaps we will see more butts in the stands for IU FB games.  And fill the balcony of Assembly Hall... as was years before.

Her last 3 years she did not get season tickets mainly due to the cost.

Archived