Anyone hearing of a commitment soon...

68Hoosier

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

My favorite Ryan Newman quote was when he said, “Jeff Gordon isn’t really from Indiana. He’s just embarrassed that he’s from California.”  

Jeff Gordon would still run circles around Newman on the track today if he were still racing.  Now if they were in a boxing ring, Newman would run circles around Jeff

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Something is happening not sure if commitment or new assistant coach. Activity increased in chatter for sure. 

Let’s have them get a new assistant and a couple of commits all at the same time. I need some positive IU hoops news lol

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Jeff Gordon would still run circles around Newman on the track today if he were still racing.  Now if they were in a boxing ring, Newman would run circles around Jeff

Gordon might surprise in the ring...if you watch any video of nascar car fights Gordon is in several of them and most he was the aggressor 

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

very true, he was always the aggressor in most of them.  My fav is of him vs Kenseth, him vs Burton and him vs Brad lol

I like those and the one where he goes after Tony Stewart...he tells Stewart "I owe you one now buddy" and Stewart replies "I didn't mean to do it"..😂

Rumor has it over on another site that Moye really wanted the job. It doesn't sound like he was in real consideration though. Who knows what the validity of the rumor was but I still found it interesting considering things have been pretty quiet since Griffin said no. 

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Rumor has it over on another site that Moye really wanted the job. It doesn't sound like he was in real consideration though. Who knows what the validity of the rumor was but I still found it interesting considering things have been pretty quiet since Griffin said no. 

I did not see it reported that Griffin was offered or said no.  

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

In the movie Hoosiers, there was not one mention of where Jimmy Chitwood was going to play in college.  

I know right!?  And up to that point he was the best ball player the state had ever seen.  I do believe there was mention of a possible scholorship to Wabash College but I think that is more along the lines of our Montana State references. 🤔🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

I did not see it reported that Griffin was offered or said no.  

@BobSaccamanno posted this link in the assistant coach thread on the general basketball board... 

"Syracuse assistant coach Allen Griffin said Thursday that he will remain at SU after receiving interest to join the coaching staff at Indiana University"

Archived