IU to play West Virginia in 2018 Jimmy V Classic

https://www.fanragsports.com/west-virginia-and-indiana-to-headline-2018-jimmy-v-classic/

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2017/12/12/16768910/indiana-west-virginia-to-meet-in-2018-jimmy-v-classic-in-madison-square-garden

Huggins’ Mountaneers join Butler & Louisville on what should be another stacked December schedule for the Hoosiers in 2018-2019. Those will come in addition to a Gavitt Games opponent, a B1G-ACC Challenge opponent, and, conceivably, a preseason tournament of sorts. 

53 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

https://www.fanragsports.com/west-virginia-and-indiana-to-headline-2018-jimmy-v-classic/

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2017/12/12/16768910/indiana-west-virginia-to-meet-in-2018-jimmy-v-classic-in-madison-square-garden

Huggins’ Mountaneers join Butler & Louisville on what should be another stacked December schedule for the Hoosiers in 2018-2019. Those will come in addition to a Gavitt Games opponent, a B1G-ACC Challenge opponent, and, conceivably, a preseason tournament of sorts. 

Here is a list of all the preseason tournaments for 18' we arent listed anywhere. Except at the bottom under teams not committed to any field.

https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2017/11/27/16671208/2018-19-college-basketball-early-season-tournaments-events-mte-neutral-site-showcases-thanksgiving

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If we bail on the Jimmy V classic to hold on to a game against some school like East Nevada Community School of Dentistry - Carson City Campus, then we deserve to be forever maligned about our scheduling tactics.  

Indiana attempting to continue the East Coast presence..... currently in negotiations with the New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Seriously, though... from my understanding, it is more of a situation of conflicting scheduling.  Not a done deal, as others were putting out in the public venue.IU is still attempting to make it happen. More work has to be done.  In other words.... IU is doing all it can to be a part of the classic. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Indiana attempting to continue the East Coast presence..... currently in negotiations with the New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Seriously, though... from my understanding, it is more of a situation of conflicting scheduling.  Not a done deal, as others were putting out in the public venue.IU is still attempting to make it happen. More work has to be done.  In other words.... IU is doing all it can to be a part of the classic. 

I'll bet a thousand dollars we have a game already scheduled against Nobody U and are waffling on paying a buyout.  Events like the Jimmy V classic pay for themselves.  There should not be any buyout concern.

• 1 month later...

Inside the Hall has IU playing the UNC Fart Heels in the 2018 Jimmy V Classic on December 4 ,2018 !! ITH also has IU hosting Louisville on Dec. 8 ,2018 and IU playing the Butler Bullfrogs on Dec. 18 ,2018 ( in Indianapolis , of course) !! Blogging The Bracket has currently FIVE Big Ten schools listed that are NOT yet playing in ANY early season event , INCLUDING INDIANA UNIVERSITY ! !!!!! I gess that they , BLOGGING THE BRACKET do not consider the Jimmy V Classic an " Early Season Event " !! LMAO!!

The other teams not yet in an early season event from Big Ten Conference are :: Maryland ,Ohio State , Penn State , & Rutgers !! BTW , it is way too early to get concerned about next season's schedule as there will be a lot more stuff to be decided over the next 4 or 5 months !!

21 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Inside the Hall has IU playing the UNC Fart Heels in the 2018 Jimmy V Classic on December 4 ,2018 !! ITH also has IU hosting Louisville on Dec. 8 ,2018 and IU playing the Butler Bullfrogs on Dec. 18 ,2018 ( in Indianapolis , of course) !! Blogging The Bracket has currently FIVE Big Ten schools listed that are NOT yet playing in ANY early season event , INCLUDING INDIANA UNIVERSITY ! !!!!! I gess that they , BLOGGING THE BRACKET do not consider the Jimmy V Classic an " Early Season Event " !! LMAO!!

The other teams not yet in an early season event from Big Ten Conference are :: Maryland ,Ohio State , Penn State , & Rutgers !! BTW , it is way too early to get concerned about next season's schedule as there will be a lot more stuff to be decided over the next 4 or 5 months !!

We are not playing in the Jimmy V classic at all so that is wrong.

Since I am looking forward to seeing pee yew lose in the Big Dance again this season , I felt I should also point out that the smellermakers will be playing in an 8 team tournament Called The Gilden Charleston Classic on November 15 , 16 , & 18 of 2018 ! The Competition :: Alabama . Wichita State , Virginia Tech ,Ball State , Northeastern , Davidson ,  & Appalachian State ! Another chance to see the smellermakers lose in another tournament like they did twice in this season's Battle For Atlantis ! I love seeing those smellermakers lose in TOURNAMENTS , LOL & LMAO !!

FKIMO1__ I always try to forget my 3rd. grade year !! It was the worst year of my life,VBG !! The North Carolina Future schedules still lists them playing IU in the Jimmy V classic , fwiw !!

P.S. apparently , IU will play the smellermakers a home and home every season beginning next season when the Big Ten Conference expands to a 20 game Conference schedule

Archived