Miller talks Kentucky series

Thanks for this contribution, Mike.  Truly appreciate it. 

And please don't get upset with me, when I say.  I'll believe it when I see it.  So long as Calipari is UK, IMHO.... the only way we will play UK would be an NCAA tournament game.

Tom Crean and Calipari were supposedly friends too.

Friends or foes? It's a fine line for Georgia's Tom Crean, Kentucky's John Calipari

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And please don't get upset with me, when I say.  I'll believe it when I see it.  So long as Calipari is UK, IMHO.... the only way we will play UK would be an NCAA tournament game.

Friends or foes? It's a fine line for Georgia's Tom Crean, Kentucky's John Calipari

For me I couldn't care less if we played them or if we don't.  It would be a good game to play but if they have to have it just the way Cal wants the series then no thank you

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For me I couldn't care less if we played them or if we don't.  It would be a good game to play but if they have to have it just the way Cal wants the series then no thank you

Personally.  I would like the series to return.  Always a big game for me.  IU offered many options to renew the series.  Honestly think that Cal is afraid of playing IU.  It wasn't just "The Wat Shot".

But  also this most likely put the nail in the coffin  to series.

Indiana vs. Kentucky: Hoosiers take down Wildcats 

59 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Personally.  I would like the series to return.  Always a big game for me.  IU offered many options to renew the series.  Honestly think that Cal is afraid of playing IU.  It wasn't just "The Wat Shot".

But  also this most likely put the nail in the coffin  to series.

Indiana vs. Kentucky: Hoosiers take down Wildcats 

We should have won this game.  And we would have been in the finals.  We were the better team that year

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

It is definitely reasonable to be skeptical.  I was more than a little surprised to hear Arch say they haven't personally discussed it.  I know they talk so it is surprising it never comes up.

Not that I’m not fascinated by games against Houston Baptist and Southeastern Puerto Rico State  but I’d also like to see us play UK again and would be good with a 4 year compromise deal.

In no particular order:

1 year in Btown

1 year in Lexington

1 year in Indy (50/50 ticket availability)

1 year in Louisville (50/50 ticket availability.).

Surely even Cal could accept one road loss over a 4 year period

6 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Not that I’m not fascinated by games against Houston Baptist and Southeastern Puerto Rico State  but I’d also like to see us play UK again and would be good with a 4 year compromise deal.

In no particular order:

1 year in Btown

1 year in Lexington

Pretty sure that is what IU offered but was turned down.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

It was prior to Covid, but you would have to think that Archie came down with something sitting that close to Cal.  Something that's slimy and oozes pus.  

IMG_0197.jpg?resize=1128%2C752&ssl=1

For a guy that we all assume cheats...the other coaches, except for RMK, seem to like the guy. Go figure.

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

In no particular order:

1 year in Btown

1 year in Lexington

He's not accepting anything that includes a game in our gym. Period. 

This series isn't coming back until he finally retires. 

I know several UK season ticket holders who are not happy with Cal's scheduling.  Any high profile non con game is played on a neutral court (IE not part of the season ticket package) and the SEC isn't exactly high profile when it comes to basketball.  So UK season ticket holders get ZERO high profile games year after year.  

32 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yeah - and they hit a ridiculous free throw percentage, ridiculous, then iirc Vic fouled out 

Yeah they shot basically twice as many and only missed 2 for 95% and 35 pts. IU was decent at 76% but only putting 13 pts on the board.

Think about that for a minute. They was awarded 37 attempts vs 17 for IU. One. Way. Street.

7 hours ago, Inequality said:

Yeah they shot basically twice as many and only missed 2 for 95% and 35 pts. IU was decent at 76% but only putting 13 pts on the board.

Think about that for a minute. They was awarded 37 attempts vs 17 for IU. One. Way. Street.

We committed a ton of fouls.  But they were a 71% FT shooting team that year.  They just happened to shoot out of their minds that one particular game. 

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It was prior to Covid, but you would have to think that Archie came down with something sitting that close to Cal.  Something that's slimy and oozes pus.  

IMG_0197.jpg?resize=1128%2C752&ssl=1

Fife looks like he's thinking, "playing 2nd fiddle, looking like a pickle."

Archived