Updated 2020-21 Roster

IU released an updated roster today.  

See who changed numbers, what numbers are the freshmen wearing, who gained and lost weight, how is the roster distributed across classes and positions, how many players are from Indiana, and much more.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i see we're carrying 2 unused scholarships again.

I think it was on Assembly Call but they said this could be good for this year.  They said that if high school basketball is cancelled they heard that Kaufman or Duncomb could graduate in January and go to college early.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think it was on Assembly Call but they said this could be good for this year.  They said that if high school basketball is cancelled they heard that Kaufman or Duncomb could graduate in January and go to college early.

I personally love the strategy.

Archie said he'd treat IU basketball scholarships like gold and I think it's already paying dividends.  Always room for a late decider (or early entrant) to jump in and if not, there are fewer quality kids becoming dissatisfied with fighting for minutes.

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Personally I love having a couple bullets in the chamber. Instead of reading threads about oversign for years.....to a point of who cares....we now have as deep and talented of a roster that we've had in years and still have 2 scholarships to hand out. Kind of like a savings account. It works. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Personally I love having a couple bullets in the chamber. Instead of reading threads about oversign for years.....to a point of who cares....we now have as deep and talented of a roster that we've had in years and still have 2 scholarships to hand out. Kind of like a savings account. It works. 

Oversigning is not good.  Did not like it when Crean was here.  On the flip side. We are allowed 13.  I am all for filling that. As... in recent years, we have no idea when or if the injury situation will become a big issue.  I know.... I know.  Coach MIller is on record of not playing his entire bench.  But what happens when or if we get hit with a ton of injuries?

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Oversigning is not good.  Did not like it when Crean was here.  On the flip side. We are allowed 13.  I am all for filling that. As... in recent years, we have no idea when or if the injury situation will become a big issue.  I know.... I know.  Coach MIller is on record of not playing his entire bench.  But what happens when or if we get hit with a ton of injuries?

My problem with having all 13 is that there will be a few who will become unhappy with playing time.  They will either transfer or could cause problems in the locker room.  I like a coach who uses a rotation of 8 or 9 players so that could be 4 guys not getting playing time.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My problem with having all 13 is that there will be a few who will become unhappy with playing time.  They will either transfer or could cause problems in the locker room.  I like a coach who uses a rotation of 8 or 9 players so that could be 4 guys not getting playing time.

IMHO.  If a guy is unhappy with his time.... there is a solution.  Work harder in practice. And prove to your coach why you should be getting more PT.

Just now, milehiiu said:

IMHO.  If a guy is unhappy with his time.... there is a solution.  Work harder in practice. And prove to your coach why you should be getting more PT.

That is how us old timers think but not today's players but more importantly their family or handlers.

27 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

If we get hit with a tons of injuries #12 and #13 guys on the bench aren't going to be the difference makers....but to me having those 2 extra scholarships available allows for instant impact reclassification guys or mid-season transfers,etc...which will be more and more common in coming years. I'd rather have extra.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

If we get hit with a tons of injuries #12 and #13 guys on the bench aren't going to be the difference makers....but to me having those 2 extra scholarships available allows for instant impact reclassification guys or mid-season transfers,etc...which will be more and more common in coming years. I'd rather have extra.

I like the idea of one extra and always having a frosh/soph developing big that isn't expecting minutes those early years. 

Not being oversigned raises a big issue. HSN will see traffic decline with no conversations about Creaning. Then comes the loss in ad revenue. Next @Colonialcrester isn't taking his international vacations and @bluegrassIUis showing up at our houses for free meals. 

Careful what you wish for! 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The problem is if we fill all 13 and miller is known for not playing his bench and we recruit all good players and then people start transferring because of that whether it’s true or not kids want to know they are going to have a chance at PT and other coaches will try holding that against us.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

They may not be difference makers. However, they were good enough to garner a scholly from IU. Should IU get hit by injuries. Like in the recent past. Those guys at the end of bench, will come in handy.... when the difference makers need a rest. 

So what coaches/schools out there are normally not filling their rosters?  Are there any that do besides us?   It is nice having options should players become available but if the spots just sit there empty than it does zero good.   I'd much rather have a complete team when the season starts.  Sure the end of the bench guys most likely never see important minutes but they do provide quality competition in practice.   Injuries can and do happen so the deeper bench is a bit of insurance as well.  Then there is always the hope that by year 3 or 4 that those guys have developed into strong role players.

Kids are gonna transfer if we are full or not(Damezi says hello) so fill the spots.

Go Hoosiers!!!

7 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

So what coaches/schools out there are normally not filling their rosters?  Are there any that do besides us?   It is nice having options should players become available but if the spots just sit there empty than it does zero good.   I'd much rather have a complete team when the season starts.  Sure the end of the bench guys most likely never see important minutes but they do provide quality competition in practice.   Injuries can and do happen so the deeper bench is a bit of insurance as well.  Then there is always the hope that by year 3 or 4 that those guys have developed into strong role players.

Kids are gonna transfer if we are full or not(Damezi says hello) so fill the spots.

Go Hoosiers!!!

And no one is talking about practice. Kids are good enough to get a scholarship. Maybe not good enough to get much PT.  However, I would much rather have a scholarship player in my practices.... than say a walk on, or even a guy stolen from the baseball team.

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And no one is talking about practice. Kids are good enough to get a scholarship. Maybe not good enough to get much PT.  However, I would much rather have a scholarship player in my practices.... than say a walk on, or even a guy stolen from the baseball team.

I'll volunteer as tribute to serve as a fill in for a SG

28 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I see we picked up the Winter Soldier as a walk-on.....nice.  Already used to wearing a mask.  Got that super soldier surum going for him, so thats a plus.  Not sure what kind of padding he'a guna have to wear over that metal arm tho? 🤔

Ha. I like what you did there. Although the guy who is the winter soldier is named Sebastian Stan. I’d say just let him go free with the arm if you get hit with it that’s on you. 

47 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

Well for starters, Duke. I know I've seen no more than 10 scholarship players on their roster. I haven't looked but I'll bet Kentucky doesn't carry 13 either.

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I, for one, hope like Hell the high school basketball season is not cancelled.

2 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

I think most top teams only caries 11-12 players and don't fill all 13 spots.

Archived