Updated 2020-21 Roster

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Photoshop was my thought. But I did not want to post it.  Glad that you did.  Look at the hair on the chest... and legs... before and after.

And photoshop'd doesn't necessarily mean not his body.  I use Photoshop on almost every picture i take of birds and and wildlife.  Adjust the exposure here, the contrast there, up the saturation to bring out a particular color here, do a curve adjustment to get lighting just the way i want it.  Most people think i took his head and put it on another body when they hear Photoshop but most photographers use some sort of adjustment program to make pictures look better.

This look look like a mixture of all 3 things.  He is bigger, he is flexing and oiled, and maybe had some contrast changes made, highlights upped, white and dark adjusted to show off the muscle contour a bit better.

Just my no professional, live in a cornfield in Iowa opinion

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

Each year we get these before and after pics along with some highlight reel videos from practice. As much as I appreciate the insights into what is going on, I'm somewhat jaded at this point. Credit to the kids for putting in the work to build their body and prepare for the season. Fact is, I'm looking forward to Leal's form on his jump shot and much less about his form in a picture.

Over the years I've seen everything from Hanner Perea touching the ceiling during a dunk, to five or six different guys showing off a 40 inch vertical measurement, and Evan Fitzner knocking down 157 straight threes in a practice. Am I exaggerating? Sure. But we've all seen those highlights and not one of them mattered in a real game. 

I'm over the hype. It's about wins and losses.

For the record, Fitzner hit 162 straight threes in practice.  Don't sell the dude short.

56 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

And photoshop'd doesn't necessarily mean not his body.  I use Photoshop on almost every picture i take of birds and and wildlife.  Adjust the exposure here, the contrast there, up the saturation to bring out a particular color here, do a curve adjustment to get lighting just the way i want it.  Most people think i took his head and put it on another body when they hear Photoshop but most photographers use some sort of adjustment program to make pictures look better.

This look look like a mixture of all 3 things.  He is bigger, he is flexing and oiled, and maybe had some contrast changes made, highlights upped, white and dark adjusted to show off the muscle contour a bit better.

Just my no professional, live in a cornfield in Iowa opinion

And I am saying I certainly am no expert when it comes to photoshop. About all I know about it, is that it exists. All I am saying is that when I saw those two pictures... photoshop was the first thing that popped into my head. Stay safe in those cornfields. 

Just now, milehiiu said:

And I am saying I certainly am no expert when it comes to photoshop. About all I know about it, is that it exists. All I am saying is that when I saw those two pictures... photoshop was the first thing that popped into my head. Stay safe in those cornfields. 

Sorry wasn't calling you out or anything.  You're post just happened to be the one i responded to

20 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Photoshop was my thought. But I did not want to post it.  Glad that you did.  Look at the hair on the chest... and legs... before and after.

I noticed that as well.  I'm not saying it's photoshopped, but whatever they are feeding that kid is growing his body hair! 😂😜😂

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

That is also partially the lighting but more so that he's sweaty or oily, probably. It's also possible that he normally shaves his body hair and hasn't recently.

Archived