Justin Taylor 2022 Commits to Syracuse

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Futurecast for Syracuse 

Why go to a place where their coach is 75 years old who could retire any day.  Is Gunn and Take similar in style and position that would keep him from commiting here.  I like Gunn and have watched him many times but don't know how good he will.be here.  With the uncertainty of the scholarship numbers wonder if keeping Gunn's commitment was a bad decision.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why go to a place where their coach is 75 years old who could retire any day.  Is Gunn and Take similar in style and position that would keep him from commiting here.  I like Gunn and have watched him many times but don't know how good he will.be here.  With the uncertainty of the scholarship numbers wonder if keeping Gunn's commitment was a bad decision.

This has nothing to do with gunn lol. Well more than likely have 3-4 players not return next season. Well have space. 

I am old and this will make it clear but if he chooses elsewhere then take down the picture of him in a IU uniform.  I don't like seeing these recruits taking these pictures in IU uniforms but doesn't come here.  Charlie Miller was on Indiana Sports Beat the other day complaining about this as well.

15 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

One of those schools is NOT like the others....pretty impressive we are in those finalist. To be the only school outside the ACC footprint...speaks volumes. It might be a long shot but no doubt we made a HUGE impression on the young man...and if we continue to do that...we will land our fair share.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I'm going to say it again, unless Gunn learns to shoot the ball, its a very bad decision. But in the big picture, maybe more important for IU to keep their word on the offer even though it was a different staff.

58 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I'm going to say it again, unless Gunn learns to shoot the ball, its a very bad decision. But in the big picture, maybe more important for IU to keep their word on the offer even though it was a different staff.

No...it's worse to mislead a young man that he fits what you are going to do and will be a big part of your team just to keep a commitment. I'm sure they believe in Gunn or they would have asked to get out of his offer. The kid would have PLENTY of time to find a new fit and be successful. I am not sure about the kid myself because of the lack of production but I have to think the staff really likes what he can bring or they wouldn't have kept his commitment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

No...it's worse to mislead a young man that he fits what you are going to do and will be a big part of your team just to keep a commitment. I'm sure they believe in Gunn or they would have asked to get out of his offer. The kid would have PLENTY of time to find a new fit and be successful. I am not sure about the kid myself because of the lack of production but I have to think the staff really likes what he can bring or they wouldn't have kept his commitment. 

Yes you are right, they should cut him loose, 22% from 3 isnt what they are looking for from every interview given by CMW