2022 CG Jalen Hood-Schifino Commits to INDIANA!!

Vincent14

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

Watching Hood-Schifino in these couple of games he looks like he is going to be a good one. Didn't score a lot, with the players on that team he really doesn't have to, but he had eight assist and looks strong defensively.

I think he’s going to be very good not sure I buy him being the savior as some claim.  Hope he has that scoring in him when we need it though.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Montverde has a lot of offensive fire power. JHS is asked to be more of a facilitator, floor general, defender type. 

But I've seen him go into full offensive mode...he can score when he's asked to...

That’s good to know, I’ve just watched a handful of games so I shouldn’t really say what I just did on the above post.  

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

I think he’s going to be very good not sure I buy him being the savior as some claim.  Hope he has that scoring in him when we need it though.

Hmm I don't think I have seen anyone claiming he is going to be some savior. Everyone is just excited to see what he can bring to the Hoosiers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Hmm I don't think I have seen anyone claiming he is going to be some savior. Everyone is just excited to see what he can bring to the Hoosiers.

Maybe savior wasn’t the right word but I’m not sure he’s a starter right away.  Admittedly I’ve only watched a handful of games.  @IUFLAsays he’s seen him go off offensively so maybe he can be the starter next year

19 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

That’s good to know, I’ve just watched a handful of games so I shouldn’t really say what I just did on the above post.  

No, I understand how people see that sometimes. I saw @Indykev post something similar in another thread. His scoring numbers don't leap off the page at you. His outside shot is a work in progress, but his dribble drive is strong, and he's got a good pull up jumper. As I said, when he's looking for his own, he can get it.

But he's never off the floor, and you can see who his teammate look to for leadership. He's a "winning player" in my eyes. A Quinn Buckner type. But with a better shot 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Our board said he looked really solid lol. Maybe it’s an IU/Purdue thing haha. 

Gibbs-Lawhorn looked pretty good yesterday. He's got a nice looking jumper...

But his shooting arm doesn't have a governor 😁

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

If no defense and getting pushed around looks solid then I guess he did

He is kinda frail...

Not sure if he's ready physically for the rigors of the Big 10. A redshirt and a couple of hundred trips to Golden Corral with ol' Porkchop would do him good 😉

• Haha 1