2022 CG Jalen Hood-Schifino Commits to INDIANA!!

Vincent14

On 6/22/2021 at 9:42 AM, RoadToZion said:

Agreed.

Hood-Schifino is scheduled to visit Indiana tomorrow. If Woody and Coach Hunter can land this guy he will likely be the top rated guard of all Big Ten recruits for the class of 2022. Surpsied there hasn't been more discussion about this kid. He's from Montverde Academy and is a major recruit. 

37 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Official today, correct? This would be a HUGE addition, and IMO could get some 22 dominoes falling into place. 

I really like this kid....more of a combo guard then simply a pure pg. I think would be an excellent fit for our backcourt....can play on ball or off depending on who else we have at the point. Be nice to have him playing next to Lander and possibly Fears in 23. Be a great addition.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I really like this kid....more of a combo guard then simply a pure pg. I think would be an excellent fit for our backcourt....can play on ball or off depending on who else we have at the point. Be nice to have him playing next to Lander and possibly Fears in 23. Be a great addition.

Can you imagine him with TB in the backcourt?!?! 🔥 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hoosier Diamond Hands said:

I like getting kids from the sports academies. They play and practice against high level competition every day. Montverde currently has 5!!! players in the 247 top 33. 

I think you want the right kids but there is no arguement that Montverde puts out some of the highest quality players in the country. Notable alum

Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Cade Cunningham, RJ Barrett,  Scottie Barnes, Precious Achiuwa, Deangelo Russell, Luc Mbah Moute, Dakari Johnson, Andrew Nemhard, Sandro Mamukelashvili...lot's of guys coming through there in the past 10 years.

• Like 1

One reason this recruitment has been quiet is because Hood-Schifino has no real social media presence. He's on Twitter/Instagram but rarely posts. Which is kind of refreshing in this day and age. He's going to want to get that going to take advantage of the new NIL era, which I'm sure is being discussed during his visit. There's a good ESPN article about NIL and IU is mentioned prominently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Anything you heard specifically? His social media is pretty barren so it's nice to hear if he had anything good to say about his visit?

Not beyond what’s probably already known. His visit went well apparently, there’s no clear favorite, Woody has been involved in his recruiting closely, etc. 

But the biggest thing to me is that Kenya is the lead on him. And to be honest, I just have a ton of faith in him closing a wide open recruitment right now. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

Not beyond what’s probably already known. His visit went well apparently, there’s no clear favorite, Woody has been involved in his recruiting closely, etc. 

But the biggest thing to me is that Kenya is the lead on him. And to be honest, I just have a ton of faith in him closing a wide open recruitment right now. 

Excellent!

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

This may be the quietest recruitment I can recall.

Kid basically has no social media and doesn't seem interested in promoting himself or taking interviews. Strange cat in this day and age. Could be a great thing (kid just wants to play ball) or a red flag that he doesn't like the attention etc and maybe wouldn't handle the big stage at IU. I'll go with the positive...think the kid sees through all the bull crap online and is just about being as successful at ball as can be. No BS.

• Like 2