2022 CG Jalen Hood-Schifino Commits to INDIANA!!

Vincent14

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Speaking for myself, I am trying not to get too involved on the recruiting side anymore.  The Kauffman thing was a big turn off and I just kind of got to the point where I realized how stupid I was acting over a teenager's decision.

Also, the past few years it did not really seem to matter who we had on the team.  We arguably had at least mid-tier talent in the league and it did not matter.  So right now, my bigger focus is on what Mike can do with what he has this year.  I think Indiana's brand will be able to hold it's own in recruiting, the most important thing is the staff.  We have not had a top flight staff since Knight was fired.

That being said, hope the kid picks IU and I hope we get a flood of high rated recruits who pan out on the floor.  I just don't think I have the 100 thread of will he or won't he in me anymore.

The Kaufman thing hurt because he was right in our backyard, we had a position open for him, and without him we would have a pretty weak recruiting class coming from one of the strongest in state recruiting years in maybe a decade. Let's be real....we got very very very very lucky here guys. First off our AD changed...the new one saw what was on the horizon if he didn't make a radical move and that would be a horrible horrible year coming up. This team minus Bates, Johnson, Durr, and Kopp would probably be a disaster. Trayce probably would have been gone as well...Durham graduating...who knows if Franklin returns. This program could have been on life support again....thank goodness for great vision. In a vaccuum sure Mike might have been underwhelming...but with the staff and coaching this program....it was a bold, clear eyed move. It won't be all smooth sledding but I have no doubt we will compete better than we have. This move we have made has changed a lot and set us on a good path...and with more guys like Scoop and Jalen to add to the homegrown kids we have in the state. I'm optimistic about this program competing on the biggest stage (NCCAAT) for years to come. 

• Like 1

• KDB changed the title to Jalen Hood-Schifino Commits to INDIANA!!