2022 CG Jalen Hood-Schifino Commits to INDIANA!!

Vincent14

Congrats to Jalen and his family. Another great addition by CMW and his staff. 

Another recruit who clearly fits the description of the player CMW said he will bring into the program. He defends multiple positions, can shoot, scores in multiple ways. My concern was if they did not have early recruiting success this idea would fall off and it would lead to reaching for projects. Clearly that is not a problem to this point.

At 6'5 and 210 lbs, which means he'll be closer to 220 or more before he steps on the court, he's another big guard to move around. IU is finally adding the kind of size you see in championship teams.

Now add a quality big and this is a special class.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Watching him on Instagram Live right now...well spoken. Mentioning Woodson is an NBA guy....30+ years...bring that NBA feel to IU. Loves Coach Hunter too. Mentions IU is a blueblood and he knows the fans are crazy....said his phone has been blowing up from fans. 

I really think Woodson's NBA experience, along with actually having a personality, has made a huge difference. People want to play for this guy. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

Maybe with the NIL, we can just have players "paid" as walk-ons for a JV squad.  Otherwise woodson is planning on a lot of non-graduating turnover.

In a perfect world we are sending 2 the league each year....and the unfortunate part is we'll probably lose 1 per year to transfer. At least that's what I'm expecting as Woodson gets grounded in coming years.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well, if I knew Clowney was from the Spartanburg area I could have looked him up.  I stayed the night around Spartanburg on my way down to Hilton Head. Bi can do some recruiting while I am down here in SC.

Drive by my house in Palmetto Dunes and give my ex-wife the finger for me....lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 5