2022 CG Jalen Hood-Schifino Commits to INDIANA!!

Vincent14

8 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Seriously, what a great announcement video. 

I didn’t think it’d ever be possible to put “announcement video” and “humble” in the same sentence, but I just did. 

Just watched the video.  I haven't been paying as much attention on the recruiting front lately but if that video is reflective of the type of character we are getting, then great pickup.  Ranking says we got a baller but those character guys matter in the lockerroom.

Welcome aboard Jalen.

Awesome pickup! I love that 2 of the 3 high school players Woodson has landed, and many of the remaining targets, are top 100 guys (really top 40-50).

I love the Leal, Galloway's, Zeisloft's (yes, I realize he was a transfer), Phinisee's, etc., of the world but those guys are great and help you win when they're surrounding guys like Zeller, Yogi, Watford, Thomas Bryant, Troy Williams, etc., etc. 

The tail end of Crean's tenure and most of Archie's we've had more of the guys ranked 130+ than we have of the guys ranked top 50ish. 

Think about that 2016 team, which wasn't even a real national contender, but had Yogi, Rojo, JBJ (before he got hurt), Troy and Bryant. That's a starting lineup of all top 50-60 (not sure where Williams ultimately ended up) guys. It's not an accident they won a Big Ten Title. 

Woodson and staff seem to be getting IU back to having multiple top guys (ala Matta's OSU, Izzo ,etc.) per class and being a national recruiter of top guys. 

I like it!

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Awesome pickup! I love that 2 of the 3 high school players Woodson has landed, and many of the remaining targets, are top 100 guys (really top 40-50).

I love the Leal, Galloway's, Zeisloft's (yes, I realize he was a transfer), Phinisee's, etc., of the world but those guys are great and help you win when they're surrounding guys like Zeller, Yogi, Watford, Thomas Bryant, Troy Williams, etc., etc. 

The tail end of Crean's tenure and most of Archie's we've had more of the guys ranked 130+ than we have of the guys ranked top 50ish. 

Think about that 2016 team, which wasn't even a real national contender, but had Yogi, Rojo, JBJ (before he got hurt), Troy and Bryant. That's a starting lineup of all top 50-60 (not sure where Williams ultimately ended up) guys. It's not an accident they won a Big Ten Title. 

Woodson and staff seem to be getting IU back to having multiple top guys (ala Matta's OSU, Izzo ,etc.) per class and being a national recruiter of top guys. 

I like it!

For sure. I also like the size of these guards.  JHS/Scoop. These kids are nba size with clear nba skill sets. Score at all 3 levels…interchangeable and best of all love to defend! A guy like Leal/Kopp playing off them should get lots of good looks and they will make those around them better. This is the honeymoon phase like Howard when everyone is excited about your nba credentials and you just sell them on what CAN be….now he will have to have success to sell on others on what IS. Has to translate to the court. Archie also landed a couple 5* guys but he couldn’t get it to translate on the floor and he failed to continue following up with the next one. We need these level of kids in EVERY class. Stack em. Hopefully enough overlap to do something special. This is wonderful recruiting but we definitely need to take advantage of it. Also it’s no coincidence that both our top recruits came from basketball academies. IMG & Monteverde. These are elite schools to make inroads on. Don’t get me wrong we need top kids in Indiana but if you look at the lottery kids look where they went to HS. That’s where we need to go to compete with the best. It’s a new age…and these academies are like NBA factories. Heck we are pretty good spot for La Lamuire kid next year in Fears too….this might be the difference maker guys…recruiting taking a huge step up…and then getting the most out of them on the court! 

• Like 1