2022 CG Jalen Hood-Schifino Commits to INDIANA!!

Vincent14

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

For sure. I also like the size of these guards.  JHS/Scoop. These kids are nba size with clear nba skill sets. Score at all 3 levels…interchangeable and best of all love to defend! A guy like Leal/Kopp playing off them should get lots of good looks and they will make those around them better. This is the honeymoon phase like Howard when everyone is excited about your nba credentials and you just sell them on what CAN be….now he will have to have success to sell on others on what IS. Has to translate to the court. Archie also landed a couple 5* guys but he couldn’t get it to translate on the floor and he failed to continue following up with the next one. We need these level of kids in EVERY class. Stack em. Hopefully enough overlap to do something special. This is wonderful recruiting but we definitely need to take advantage of it. Also it’s no coincidence that both our top recruits came from basketball academies. IMG & Monteverde. These are elite schools to make inroads on. Don’t get me wrong we need top kids in Indiana but if you look at the lottery kids look where they went to HS. That’s where we need to go to compete with the best. It’s a new age…and these academies are like NBA factories. Heck we are pretty good spot for La Lamuire kid next year in Fears too….this might be the difference maker guys…recruiting taking a huge step up…and then getting the most out of them on the court! 

We need to recruit nationally to compete for championships. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I guess I'm old and not the only one that needs a translation or explanation of the shirt.  I will say I clearly understand the Biggie Woodson shirt and love it to death, so Im not a total lame.  Help me understand.

It’s on his site. FINO is his motto - Failure Is No Option. 

https://www.thefinoproject.net/shop 

Edited by Between2Halls
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I am certainly not wishing this season away, I'm bullish on this team, but can you imagine:

Lander

Hood-Schifino

Bates

Geronimo

Clowney/Duncomb

If the talent is there to make a F4 run, I wonder if TJD will consider a 4th year now with the NIL?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Bustout said:

If the talent is there to make a F4 run, I wonder if TJD will consider a 4th year now with the NIL?

We as fans should want TJD to get the NBA. The sooner Coach Woodson deliver one to the pros...or maybe 2 depending on Bates the better for the program/recruiting, etc...the more guys like JHS become the norm. You have to show recruits their path.

• Like 7

Win early and win often. Have a breakthrough season and make a run in the tournament, the rest takes care of itself.

My hope is IU develops an edge. It needs to be known that playing IU is going to be the hardest game you play all season. In your face defense. Relentless. Not sure who leads the way on this, but X seems to be a likely candidate. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I guess I'm old and not the only one that needs a translation or explanation of the shirt.  I will say I clearly understand the Biggie Woodson shirt and love it to death, so Im not a total lame.  Help me understand.

I read it as F N Indiana basketball...like as in  "ah man, them again..."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I am certainly not wishing this season away, I'm bullish on this team, but can you imagine:

Lander

Hood-Schifino

Bates

Geronimo

Clowney/Duncomb

Does Johnson only have one year of eligibility left?  I have no reason to believe that Lander can overcome him by next season if he chooses yo return for his covid season.  

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's not coming back next year. 

Under normal circumstances and previous years, I would completely agree with you.  But the NIL has the potential to be a major game changer.  

For instance, what if he’s a projected late 1st rounder and he can make $750k next year, finish his schooling, be on a F4 team and have an opportunity to improve his draft stock?   The 30th pick is slotted around $1.6mm.  And if he thinks one more year can help him develop by playing … the 20th pick, by comparison is around $2.2mm

Probably still unlikely, but the NIL becomes a variable now in these decisions.  It’s no longer a matter of leaving all the $$ on the table - the NIL closes the gap.   

But like another poster said, it’ll all probably depend on his draft projection first and foremost

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bustout said:

Under normal circumstances and previous years, I would completely agree with you.  But the NIL has the potential to be a major game changer.  

For instance, what if he’s a projected late 1st rounder and he can make $750k next year, finish his schooling, be on a F4 team and have an opportunity to improve his draft stock?   The 30th pick is slotted around $1.6mm.  And if he thinks one more year can help him develop by playing … the 20th pick, by comparison is around $2.2mm

Probably still unlikely, but the NIL becomes a variable now in these decisions.  It’s no longer a matter of leaving all the $$ on the table - the NIL closes the gap.   

But like another poster said, it’ll all probably depend on his draft projection first and foremost

As others have said, we need him to go pro after this year for the long term good of the program. Woody sold him on coming back because of how he can develop him (that's gotta be a huge part of getting guys like Bates and JHS) so failing to deliver on that out of the gate would be less than ideal. 

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Does Johnson only have one year of eligibility left?  I have no reason to believe that Lander can overcome him by next season if he chooses yo return for his covid season.  

If he returns I agree, I'm just not personally holding my breath anyone chooses to play a fifth year. 

Some certainly will do so, I just don't know how to project it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We as fans should want TJD to get the NBA. The sooner Coach Woodson deliver one to the pros...or maybe 2 depending on Bates the better for the program/recruiting, etc...the more guys like JHS become the norm. You have to show recruits their path.

Interesting thought.  I'm curious which option people would think is better for the program:

A)  TJD leaves after this year and is drafted Top 5

B) TJD stays and we win a National Championship next year.

I know there a a lot of variables, but in it's face, which would be better for the program?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Interesting thought.  I'm curious which option people would think is better for the program:

A)  TJD leaves after this year and is drafted Top 5

B) TJD stays and we win a National Championship next year.

I know there a a lot of variables, but in it's face, which would be better for the program?

B, because unless he has a major regression, he’s still going to be a lottery pick and we have #6 to show for it. 

• Like 2