2022 CG Jalen Hood-Schifino Commits to INDIANA!!

Vincent14

1 hour ago, Between2Halls said:

With all of the movement constantly happening I could see it. I was noticing some other recognizable names have moved both directions as well. It’s pretty fluid it seems. 

That's to be expected since the last year really cut down on scouting opportunities. Rankings are a decent indicator but far from perfect and I expect this year they'll be even more flawed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

No doubt!! But look even at a guy look Julius Randle. If that guy can improve his game (even still as limited as it is) to the point he has then if there is a chance Trayce could (although with a lot of work and a lot of time) would possibly be his goal. But yes...even at worst he can be kind of a smaller 5 (as there are fewer and fewer true centers in the league) and give you energy and a guy that can run the court.

Randle is and always has been significantly better and more skilled offensively than Trayce. I don’t think you’d be making that comp if they weren’t similarly sized lefties. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Randle is and always has been significantly better and more skilled offensively than Trayce. I don’t think you’d be making that comp if they weren’t similarly sized lefties. 

True...but he really didn't have a jumper at all in college. He also was 1 and done...so yeah it was kind of a bad analogy. Just saying Trayce can improve his jumper in the NBA still....and just because he comes in without a shot doesn't mean he is doomed to just be an energy guy.

This video is from a few months ago, hadn't seen it before.  My biggest take-away was that he plays under control and with purpose.  He also seems physically tougher than a lot of his peers in this game.

* I would be remiss not to mention I was a LOT more impressed with Leland Walker (247 #170) than I thought I'd be.  He certainly passes the eye test against D1 talent.  Unranked 3* Pete Suder also showed out well.  Given the number of fairly high rated recruits in this game it's a good reminder of how little separates players in the 80-100 range from many guys outside of the Top 150.  I'm not suggesting we target them but impressed none the less.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, olsontex said:

This video is from a few months ago, hadn't seen it before.  My biggest take-away was that he plays under control and with purpose.  He also seems physically tougher than a lot of his peers in this game.

* I would be remiss not to mention I was a LOT more impressed with Leland Walker (247 #170) than I thought I'd be.  He certainly passes the eye test against D1 talent.  Unranked 3* Pete Suder also showed out well.  Given the number of fairly high rated recruits in this game it's a good reminder of how little separates players in the 80-100 range from many guys outside of the Top 150.  I'm not suggesting we target them but impressed none the less.

I like the mid range shots I saw taken here

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 3:27 PM, Euroclydon said:

Great signings for IU. This three man class checks a lot of boxes with their size and skill sets. Yes, they need still need to add some post presence through the portal, but I like JHS, KB and Gunn as the new template for what IU wants to add. Glad to have all three and their families.

I am super excited to see him next to Bates and hopefully Lander next year. That could be an exciting backcourt to watch!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I couldn't be much more impressed.

This kid has a college ready body already. Good ball handler, good scorer on 3 levels, and a great on the ball defender. Former Wright State Head Coach Paul Biancardi (who's the analyst on the broadcast) said "he's the best on the ball defender in all of high school basketball." Was the selection to shoot 2 tech FTs, and touched nothing but net.

But the thing that stands out is his leadership. Unquestionably the leader of his team. Only thing I didn't like was Biancardi saying Mike Woodson said "he would hand the keys to JHS the minute he stepped on campus." 

JHS's Montverde Academy is killing Oak Hill by 26 at the half. JHS leads all scorers with 13 and 4 assists.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2