Jump to content

Jalen Hood-Schifino Commits to INDIANA!!


Vincent14
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

For sure. I also like the size of these guards.  JHS/Scoop. These kids are nba size with clear nba skill sets. Score at all 3 levels…interchangeable and best of all love to defend! A guy like Leal/Kopp playing off them should get lots of good looks and they will make those around them better. This is the honeymoon phase like Howard when everyone is excited about your nba credentials and you just sell them on what CAN be….now he will have to have success to sell on others on what IS. Has to translate to the court. Archie also landed a couple 5* guys but he couldn’t get it to translate on the floor and he failed to continue following up with the next one. We need these level of kids in EVERY class. Stack em. Hopefully enough overlap to do something special. This is wonderful recruiting but we definitely need to take advantage of it. Also it’s no coincidence that both our top recruits came from basketball academies. IMG & Monteverde. These are elite schools to make inroads on. Don’t get me wrong we need top kids in Indiana but if you look at the lottery kids look where they went to HS. That’s where we need to go to compete with the best. It’s a new age…and these academies are like NBA factories. Heck we are pretty good spot for La Lamuire kid next year in Fears too….this might be the difference maker guys…recruiting taking a huge step up…and then getting the most out of them on the court! 

We need to recruit nationally to compete for championships. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

New shirt ready to go. Also in red  

C33E5EA3-13A6-4D56-A17A-B4FBE901FA05.jpeg

I guess I'm old and not the only one that needs a translation or explanation of the shirt.  I will say I clearly understand the Biggie Woodson shirt and love it to death, so Im not a total lame.  Help me understand.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I guess I'm old and not the only one that needs a translation or explanation of the shirt.  I will say I clearly understand the Biggie Woodson shirt and love it to death, so Im not a total lame.  Help me understand.

It’s on his site. FINO is his motto - Failure Is No Option. 

https://www.thefinoproject.net/shop 

Edited by Between2Halls
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I am certainly not wishing this season away, I'm bullish on this team, but can you imagine:

Lander

Hood-Schifino

Bates

Geronimo

Clowney/Duncomb

If the talent is there to make a F4 run, I wonder if TJD will consider a 4th year now with the NIL?
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bustout said:

If the talent is there to make a F4 run, I wonder if TJD will consider a 4th year now with the NIL?
 

 

We as fans should want TJD to get the NBA. The sooner Coach Woodson deliver one to the pros...or maybe 2 depending on Bates the better for the program/recruiting, etc...the more guys like JHS become the norm. You have to show recruits their path.

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Win early and win often. Have a breakthrough season and make a run in the tournament, the rest takes care of itself.

My hope is IU develops an edge. It needs to be known that playing IU is going to be the hardest game you play all season. In your face defense. Relentless. Not sure who leads the way on this, but X seems to be a likely candidate. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I guess I'm old and not the only one that needs a translation or explanation of the shirt.  I will say I clearly understand the Biggie Woodson shirt and love it to death, so Im not a total lame.  Help me understand.

I read it as F N Indiana basketball...like as in  "ah man, them again..."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

I read it as F N Indiana basketball...like as in  "ah man, them again..."

He should have tan that by a few people to gather their thoughts.  I guess when like 6 people total buy the shirt and they are all in his inner circle, he will realize the design is trash.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I am certainly not wishing this season away, I'm bullish on this team, but can you imagine:

Lander

Hood-Schifino

Bates

Geronimo

Clowney/Duncomb

Does Johnson only have one year of eligibility left?  I have no reason to believe that Lander can overcome him by next season if he chooses yo return for his covid season.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's not coming back next year. 

Under normal circumstances and previous years, I would completely agree with you.  But the NIL has the potential to be a major game changer.  
 

For instance, what if he’s a projected late 1st rounder and he can make $750k next year, finish his schooling, be on a F4 team and have an opportunity to improve his draft stock?   The 30th pick is slotted around $1.6mm.  And if he thinks one more year can help him develop by playing … the 20th pick, by comparison is around $2.2mm
 

Probably still unlikely, but the NIL becomes a variable now in these decisions.  It’s no longer a matter of leaving all the $$ on the table - the NIL closes the gap.   
 

But like another poster said, it’ll all probably depend on his draft projection first and foremost

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bustout said:

Under normal circumstances and previous years, I would completely agree with you.  But the NIL has the potential to be a major game changer.  
 

For instance, what if he’s a projected late 1st rounder and he can make $750k next year, finish his schooling, be on a F4 team and have an opportunity to improve his draft stock?   The 30th pick is slotted around $1.6mm.  And if he thinks one more year can help him develop by playing … the 20th pick, by comparison is around $2.2mm
 

Probably still unlikely, but the NIL becomes a variable now in these decisions.  It’s no longer a matter of leaving all the $$ on the table - the NIL closes the gap.   
 

But like another poster said, it’ll all probably depend on his draft projection first and foremost

As others have said, we need him to go pro after this year for the long term good of the program. Woody sold him on coming back because of how he can develop him (that's gotta be a huge part of getting guys like Bates and JHS) so failing to deliver on that out of the gate would be less than ideal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Does Johnson only have one year of eligibility left?  I have no reason to believe that Lander can overcome him by next season if he chooses yo return for his covid season.  

If he returns I agree, I'm just not personally holding my breath anyone chooses to play a fifth year. 

Some certainly will do so, I just don't know how to project it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We as fans should want TJD to get the NBA. The sooner Coach Woodson deliver one to the pros...or maybe 2 depending on Bates the better for the program/recruiting, etc...the more guys like JHS become the norm. You have to show recruits their path.

 

Interesting thought.  I'm curious which option people would think is better for the program:

A)  TJD leaves after this year and is drafted Top 5

B) TJD stays and we win a National Championship next year.

 

I know there a a lot of variables, but in it's face, which would be better for the program?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Interesting thought.  I'm curious which option people would think is better for the program:

A)  TJD leaves after this year and is drafted Top 5

B) TJD stays and we win a National Championship next year.

 

I know there a a lot of variables, but in it's face, which would be better for the program?

B, because unless he has a major regression, he’s still going to be a lottery pick and we have #6 to show for it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mkaser said:

Been a while since I've been on boys, moved into Bloomington for freshman year and the buzz around the team and Jalens commitment down here is getting crazy!!

Stick around and stay active. You bring a perspective we can appreciate.   🍻 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...