Jump to content

Jalen Hood-Schifino Commits to INDIANA!!


Vincent14
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sure, they can sell for Tom’s athletic store, Harry’s Tires, Dick’s Wings, or Flo’s Diner.  But they can also think bigger.  For example, they can sell product for advertisers via targeted internet ads.  Google knows us all and what we are interested in. You can reach an IU fan in Singapore, Kathmandu, or Timbuktu, if you wanted to.  

One huge advantage IU has is the huge fan base.  IU basketball provides an opportunity to reach a huge number of eyeballs, located almost anywhere.  Plus with all the marketing expertise at Kelley, we can lead on monetizing the huge fan base into NIL.  The company need not be in College Mall or on Walnut or College Streets in Bloomington. It could be a state wide advertisement or beyond, without limits, so long as advertisers can reach relevant consumers.  The key is unlocking IU’s special fan base and creatively using effective marketing tools.   

Not every school, regardless of city where the school is situated, has a fan base with numbers like IU.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

There ya go...kinda a Jim Fowler-Marlin Perkins type segue...

"That anaconda had Jim in kind of a bind. When you get into a bind, look to Mutual of Omaha for all your insurance needs."

Beats the crap out of Flo and a gecko every time 😁

And hundreds of millions in premiums later we all win! Haha. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, IUFLA said:

There ya go...kinda a Jim Fowler-Marlin Perkins type segue...

"That anaconda had Jim in kind of a bind. When you get into a bind, look to Mutual of Omaha for all your insurance needs."

Beats the crap out of Flo and a gecko every time 😁

Just need a guy to wear his Times in an aquarium with a mini prop motor and we’re all set 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Just need a guy to wear his Times in an aquarium with a mini prop motor and we’re all set 

Unfortunately, John Cameron Swayze, the guy hawking for Timex wristwatches with an outboard motor, stopped ticking in 1995.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2021 at 11:31 AM, Indykev said:

What would the commercial be like from a 20 year old kid? "Hey fellow IU students, after your wreck from drinking and driving, Call Ken Nunn!!" Ken just bought a new Rolls-Royce, doubt he wants to pay kids to rep his business.

How about The Hammer?!!

Hammer.thumb.jpg.b4767ce6ea1e8194402f641f7f079c44.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I'm so sick of seeing his billboards. From I80 to I65 S of Louisville, they seem to be everywhere.

Yeah, that was kind of said in jest...seems like he's as much a showman as he is an attorney.  He does understand billboard marketing, that's for sure.  Around here, if someone has a problem, inevitable someone will pipe up and say "Better call The Hammer!"🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, that was kind of said in jest...seems like he's as much a showman as he is an attorney.  He does understand billboard marketing, that's for sure.  Around here, if someone has a problem, inevitable someone will pipe up and say "Better call The Hammer!"🤣

yeah have the kids driving an  ambulance chasing down new clients for Ken Nunn and this clown.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lizard said:

I wonder how Jalen Hood-Schifino is doing today?  Is he thinking about hoisting banners at IU?  

 I checked here but...  🤷‍♂️

Yeah, and I'm the cause for this one.  For that, my apologies...sometimes things are just teed up too well.  Hopefully, Jalen doesn't hold a humor sidebar against us as there's no question, he is the target for IU in 2022.

I'll try to stay mostly on point going forward.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, and I'm the cause for this one.  For that, my apologies...sometimes things are just teed up too well.  Hopefully, Jalen doesn't hold a humor sidebar against us as there's no question, he is the target for IU in 2022.

I'll try to stay mostly on point going forward.

All in good fun!  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought he had wanted to take some visits in the fall, so that’s not happening now…maybe seeing highlights of the Bahama game is all he needed to see to make his decision and it bodes well for us? At least that’s how I want to choose to look at it, ha. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No middle ground on this one....with him still not visiting some of the schools on his top 5. Either we are the choice and he knows it or doing the schools on his list a solid and saying I'm finishing this one. 

I tend to lean feeling good on this one. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • KDB changed the title to Jalen Hood-Schifino Commits to INDIANA!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...