2022 CG Jalen Hood-Schifino Commits to INDIANA!!

Vincent14

Things can change but this would be a great get for IU.  This would give CMW two top 30 5* guards to come to IU during his very young tenure as head coach.

I was a little worried about the 22' class but should JHS choose IU like many are indicating to go with Banks/Gunn and add one of Brice or Clowney and this would be a tremendous recruiting class.     

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Andrew said:

BAD42F00-6B7B-440F-992A-F9FB70D44671.png

That's fan forum reasoning for sure lol. This isn't Penny at Memphis...heck Woody got a 5* recruit to come back (Lander) and all he promised was to make him a better "MAN". Kid got 10 minutes in two exhibition games. No one is getting promises but a roster spot (and only that if they want to man up and do things the right way). Clearly there will be an opening at the PG spot next year very likely. With the size of our guards we probably go 3 guards (you can do that with guys 6'3-6'5 pretty interchangibly). I don't want to get over excited but man....we've had pretty crappy guard play for the last 6-7 years....will be nice to have something special. Guards win come tournament time!

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That's fan forum reasoning for sure lol. This isn't Penny at Memphis...heck Woody got a 5* recruit to come back (Lander) and all he promised was to make him a better "MAN". Kid got 10 minutes in two exhibition games. No one is getting promises but a roster spot (and only that if they want to man up and do things the right way). Clearly there will be an opening at the PG spot next year very likely. With the size of our guards we probably go 3 guards (you can do that with guys 6'3-6'5 pretty interchangibly). I don't want to get over excited but man....we've had pretty crappy guard play for the last 6-7 years....will be nice to have something special. Guards win come tournament time!

It's Jalen time has a nice ring to it come tourney time(Ala It's Kemba time when he was at UConn)

• Like 1

Impact player that once again meets the description of the type of player CMW said he wants to bring to IU.

Adding Jalen does a few things - it adds another guard with size; provides another multiple position defender, and a scorer. On top of that, if he commits it sets the table to add a big. You get a class like Jalen, Banks, and Gunn then add one of the big men they are after and it's a great recruiting class.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Hope no one truly ruins his moment.  Lots and lots of talk its Indiana but want the kid to have his day

He seems pretty low key. Not a lot of facebook, twitter, instagram....so I'm sure his announcement will be as well. I think we could be getting a no-nonsense gym rat much like Scoop. Should make a great pairing!

• Like 4