Don't give up yet. Maui invitational considering a move to....

milehiiu

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Posted this in the college basketball off season thread.  I was wondering who they will replace Standford with since they can't play until January.

Sorry that I did not see your post.  I have never been one to  intentionally step on another members toes.  Bring on Duke ?  I don't know. 

19 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Sorry that I did not see your post.  I have never been one to  intentionally step on another members toes.  Bring on Duke ?  I don't know. 

No problem at all and was not trying to make you feel bad.  Maybe they can have UNC Asheville in the tournament.

This is exciting, as Asheville is my hometown. I have attended many many different events (from concerts, different arts and crafts shows, as well as the Big South Conference basketball tournament) at the newly named Harrahs Cherokee Center.  It has changed names many times and most here still refer to it as the Civic Center.   It is an intimate and fun little arena. And Asheville is such a great town.  If it happens, pre party at my place for those who make it!

Coach to recruit every year but this one:  "We're playing in the Maui Invitational next season.  Doesn't a late November trip to Hawaii sound great!  Surf, sun, hula dancers, and some beach parties!"

Coach to recruit in 2020:  "We're playing in the Maui Invitational next season.  Doesn't a late November trip to Asheville sound great!  The gardens around the Biltmore mansion are absolutely beautiful."

9 hours ago, Maud'Dib said:

This is exciting, as Asheville is my hometown. I have attended many many different events (from concerts, different arts and crafts shows, as well as the Big South Conference basketball tournament) at the newly named Harrahs Cherokee Center.  It has changed names many times and most here still refer to it as the Civic Center.   It is an intimate and fun little arena. And Asheville is such a great town.  If it happens, pre party at my place for those who make it!

Love Asheville. Been there twice to take in as many microbreweries as I could.

I've heard from multiple people that Ashville is an amazing city, but it's no Maui.

I was hoping that they'd just postpone this and all November tournaments until next year and not mess with the rotation. 90% of that thought was based on self-interest because with all these cancelled trips, airline credits and points I was hoping to make a 2021 Maui tournament. 

15 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Have been really wanting to hit up Asheville - am a big fan of Burial Beer.

I made it there for a beer my 1st trip. It was the last stop for the night and four years ago, so I don't remember much other than I liked their beer and their taproom was really cool with a rustic vibe.

This article says they're exploring several mainland sites, but doesn't name any others specifically. Hawaii recently extended their mandatory 14 day quarantine for visitors until at least 10/1.

Tourney chair Dave Odom, "We’re not going to be left holding a bag, and we are going to have a tournament. We’re trying to work things out.”

https://journalnow.com/sports/college/maui-invitational-examining-several-alternate-sites/article_4ef3784e-ee0d-11ea-882a-b375008b20d0.html

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This article says they're exploring several mainland sites, but doesn't name any others specifically. Hawaii recently extended their mandatory 14 day quarantine for visitors until at least 10/1.

Tourney chair Dave Odom, "We’re not going to be left holding a bag, and we are going to have a tournament. We’re trying to work things out.”

https://journalnow.com/sports/college/maui-invitational-examining-several-alternate-sites/article_4ef3784e-ee0d-11ea-882a-b375008b20d0.html

Thanks for that link. Best part I took out of it, as you posted : ".... we are going to have a tournament."

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Coach to recruit every year but this one:  "We're playing in the Maui Invitational next season.  Doesn't a late November trip to Hawaii sound great!  Surf, sun, hula dancers, and some beach parties!"

Coach to recruit in 2020:  "We're playing in the Maui Invitational next season.  Doesn't a late November trip to Asheville sound great!  The gardens around the Biltmore mansion are absolutely beautiful."

What about a hike to Chimney Rock?? Or where they filmed the last of the Mohicans. Lol I’ve visited a couple times....lovely scenery but the town itself is a little artsy fartsy for me. Like everyone and their brother is selling hemp items and homemade soap lol!

Archived