Workouts paused

1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

No, it sounds as if you post 3rd or 4th hand stories. 

Next time you see a player at a party, why don't you let him know you intend to report on their activities on an anonymous message board - I'm sure they will think as highly of you as I do.

It's well established that Leal's mom has been here, I would guess she still comes. Now she knows some information about her son's friend that I would guess she isn't crazy about. Do other player's mom's come here too? I would guess momma Leal has discussed this site with them. 

If you know Kev and his posts you would know they are likely not 3rd hand at all.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

High school football in Indiana just completed Week 3 with some, but not a lot, of games being cancelled.

High school soccer and volleyball seasons are making it work as well.

No reason why college sports can't find a way to play as well.

While at face value this is fair and reasonable, and high school kids like to party and get into trouble, I think high school kids are less likely to do some of the stuff we will see in college.  Today as I walked down 6th street and saw a house with about 100 empty cans on the front lawn likely left from the night before.  I’m totally sure everyone had masks on and was responsible.

Right now I have little faith in college kids getting it right, but hope I’m proven wrong.

On 9/5/2020 at 5:19 PM, IU Scott said:

Talking about what the kids are doing off the court should not be posted on here.  It is not very responsible on your part to do it.

And here i thought a team in which the very day their workouts were off because of positive tests, werent very responsible for being out at parties maybe spreading covid. IU is kicking kids out of the dorm for coming into contact with someone who is positive. 14 days they have to move out and go some where else. I guess that doesn't apply to Athletes. I could post a page of things i was told about this team from a large group of people but i didn't. Lets just say they aren't rooting for wins.

Just like coachss isnt posting here anymore, i wont be posting info here anymore.

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

That’s really piss poor that some of our great posters don’t want to provide information here anymore because they feel that they have to defend their positions, yet when the person making the accusations gets called out, it can’t get “personal.”😡

So you don't find a problem with someone posting something about one of our players personal life.  Also there is no proof that some of the things he said actually happened.  We know of at least one players parent comes here sinus a good look to have one of posters throwing out unfounded accusations

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nah, you’re right Scott. Never in the last 50 years that I have been an IU fan has there ever been any conversation about what players do when they are away from the court.

DWS

Well if it has been proven to actually happen and is just not a rumor it might be alright to discussed.  Just because it had happened in the past does not mean it is OK to do now.  It is one thing when he post.pictures of recruits riding around on a golf cart but talking about a kids personal life is another.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well if it has been proven to actually happen and is just not a rumor it might be alright to discussed.  Just because it had happened in the past does not mean it is OK to do now.  It is one thing when he post.pictures of recruits riding around on a golf cart but talking about a kids personal life is another.

Sorry, man...gonna disagree here.  It's just a rumor.  This board would be pretty dull if everything was fact-checked and all the color was removed.  These young men are human and it's OK to know that they are.  I guarantee there was a substantial percentage of members here that cheered thinking about a young man possibly enjoying campus life.  Maybe it's true and maybe it's not, but it's color that helps analyze the health of the program beyond the numbers.

When these kids accept a power 5 level scholarship, I believe they at least mostly know what comes with that.  When Cody Zeller was in college, a photo of a look-alike passed out sitting on a public toilet circulated.  If you think Cody was mentally scarred by that, you're crazy.  More likely, he enjoyed a good laugh and moved on.  When Yogi Ferrell got caught trying to use a fake ID, he took his lumps and moved on.  I don't see any evidence he's permanently scarred by that.  Whether or not Trey is a ladies man at IU, I seriously doubt he's upset about the rumors if he's even heard of them.

One of the things that attracts members here is that you can get stuff that can't be printed by traditional media.  Please don't ruin that by going on a moral crusade.

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The only quote I had a real problem with was the one about Galloway and his conquest of the young ladies

Scott, I hate to tell you this, but for those that missed Kev's original post, but read yours,  your post is their original source of the rumor.  :coffee:

On 9/5/2020 at 12:34 PM, HoosierDom said:

If this board devolves to libeling kids and ignorant politics, I'm going to find a new place to talk about the Hoosiers. 

While we're on the subject of not liking the content of a post, I take exception to the term 'ignorant politics'.  Political discussions are not allowed on the board, and rightly so.  But, calling someone's beliefs 'ignorant' just because you don't agree with them is the root of the problem in this country.  By using that term, you probably offended more people than Kev did with his post.

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

While we're on the subject of not liking the content of a post, I take exception to the term 'ignorant politics'.  Political discussions are not allowed on the board, and rightly so.  But, calling someone's beliefs 'ignorant' just because you don't agree with them is the root of the problem in this country.  By using that term, you probably offended more people than Kev did with his post.

Amen Bro!

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

People calling a spade a spade is not the root of the problem in this country. 

I shouldn't have combined my points. My first point, which I don't care about that much, is that the same political statement comes up in thread after thread. My second point, which I do care about, is that discussing the love life of a teenager should not be allowed here. 

Archived