2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want to know why we're 304-208 (59%) over the last 16 years? We can't land big players. IU isn't a draw for top players. I don't see it changing anytime soon either. GL to all you guys who have the nerve to follow this recruiting stuff from here on out. Burned myself for 10 years and did it again by following the Garland thread. I highly doubt we land Romeo and I'm bowing out of following that one. Top kids want to play with top players. I did warn you all when the hype train was going crazy. IU fans live in a bubble of unrealistic expectations. Sorry fellas but it's the truth.  

2003 - 79th Ewing 

2004 - 15th White, 76th Ratliff, 99th Rothbart

2005 - 93rd Allen

2006 - None

2007 - 2nd Gordon, 78th Holman, 95th McGee, 

2008 - None

2009 - 35th Watford

2010 - None

2011 - 10th Zeller

2012  -21st, Yogi,  36th, Hollowell, 53rd Perea  

2013 - 11th Vonleh,  53rd Williams , 64th Robinson , 95th Fischer 2014 - 19th Blackmon, 49th Johnson

2015 - 20th Bryant

2016 - 40th, Davis, 85th Jones

2017 - 77th Smith 

2018 - 63rd Hunter, 95th Anderson 

3 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Want to know why we're 304-208 (59%) over the last 16 years? We can't land big players. IU isn't a draw for top players. I don't see it changing anytime soon either. GL to all you guys who have the nerve to follow this recruiting stuff from here on out. Burned myself for 10 years and did it again by following the Garland thread. I highly doubt we land Romeo and I'm bowing out of following that one. Top kids want to play with top players. I did warn you all when the hype train was going crazy. IU fans live in a bubble of unrealistic expectations. Sorry fellas but it's the truth.  

2003 - 79th Ewing 

2004 - 15th White, 76th Ratliff, 99th Rothbart

2005 - 93rd Allen

2006 - None

2007 - 2nd Gordon, 78th Holman, 95th McGee, 

2008 - None

2009 - 35th Watford

2010 - None

2011 - 10th Zeller

2012  -21st, Yogi,  36th, Hollowell, 53rd Perea  

2013 - 11th Vonleh,  53rd Williams , 64th Robinson , 95th Fischer 2014 - 19th Blackmon, 49th Johnson

2015 - 20th Bryant

2016 - 40th, Davis, 85th Jones

2017 - 77th Smith 

2018 - 63rd Hunter, 95th Anderson 

I agreed with this under Crean, but come on. Archie has had less than a year. He’s one of the top young coaches in college basketball and you aren’t going to give him a shot?? He put us in the Garland and Romeo sweepstakes in that time when neither was even remotely thinking of us. Chill out. 

8 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I agreed with this under Crean, but come on. Archie has had less than a year. He’s one of the top young coaches in college basketball and you aren’t going to give him a shot?? He put us in the Garland and Romeo sweepstakes in that time when neither was even remotely thinking of us. Chill out. 

Knight, Davis, Sampson, and Crean. That's four coaches. I never said I wouldn't give him a shot. I just don't think the Big 10 or Indiana is a draw for any of the top players and I don't think any will be coming here anytime soon. That's not a knock on Archie either. Also, FWIW Ucla finished second not IU for Garland. 

9 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I hate to think this way, but if we don't land Romeo I'm hoping we bank that scholly next year for another '19 guy.  Banking it in my mind could mean using it on a 5th year transfer for one year.  It will be interesting to see Archie's philosophy on this.  

Agreed. Seems like we have a good shot with a few talented players for 2019.

Agreed on the banking or fifth year transfer. We have s good foundation or 3-4 year guys coming in, we need an elite talent or two. If we don't get that, bring in experience or save it for an elite talent the next year. 

I still think this is a good lineup:

Durham

Green

Hunter

Smith 

Davis

Morgan

Moore

Jones

RP

Anderson

Thompson

Forrester

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Agreed on the banking or fifth year transfer. We have s good foundation or 3-4 year guys coming in, we need an elite talent or two. If we don't get that, bring in experience or save it for an elite talent the next year. 

I still think this is a good lineup:

Durham

Green

Hunter

Smith 

Davis

Morgan

Moore

Jones

RP

Anderson

Thompson

Forrester

is the first five your starting lineup? you would start hunter and smith over juwan??

Our team is full of role players.  The only player we have right now that would start on other B1G teams is maybe Davis and that would depend on the team.  This is why it is important to bring in real talent, yes top 100 players are nice and will help, but to truly turn this around  we need players like Langford, Brooks, Watford, Hurt.  Talent attracts other talent.

2 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

is the first five your starting lineup? you would start hunter and smith over juwan??

Yes, especially next season. Smith is an easy choice, Hunter not as much but I don't think Smith or Morgan are true college 3s so that gives the nod to Hunter.  

4 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I hate to think this way, but if we don't land Romeo I'm hoping we bank that scholly next year for another '19 guy.  Banking it in my mind could mean using it on a 5th year transfer for one year.  It will be interesting to see Archie's philosophy on this.  

Thats the only way to think. if we miss.

Archived