2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Moore and Forrester leaving, Davis around for one more year, I'm a little worried about our frontcourt depth. We really need Brunk. TJD will hopefully be solid. After that we need someone to come in and develop so we can have some size and experience when those 3 move on. Any idea who might be on the radar for 2020 that can fill that role?

15 minutes ago, Reacher said:

With Moore and Forrester leaving, Davis around for one more year, I'm a little worried about our frontcourt depth. We really need Brunk. TJD will hopefully be solid. After that we need someone to come in and develop so we can have some size and experience when those 3 move on. Any idea who might be on the radar for 2020 that can fill that role?

Think Thompson at 6'8 fit the bill and TJD will be here more than one year.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Think Thompson at 6'8 fit the bill and TJD will be here more than one year.

I can Race as a 4 but not as a 5. We saw Morgan was too small for many centers he faced.  I do see TJD as a 2-3 year guy but he will be our only size after Davis and (Hopefully) Brunk go. I know Furst is out there for 2021 but would prefer some depth so he can be eased in like TJD and not thrown to the lions. Freshman bigs are generally going to need some time to develop. I'm thinking a lower ranked 2020 6'10"+  guy would be ideal to come in and develop so as to be able to backup TJD and Furst- or whatever other big we get in 2021

Just now, Reacher said:

I can Race as a 4 but not as a 5. We saw Morgan was too small for many centers he faced.  I do see TJD as a 2-3 year guy but he will be our only size after Davis and (Hopefully) Brunk go. I know Furst is out there for 2021 but would prefer some depth so he can be eased in like TJD and not thrown to the lions. Freshman bigs are generally going to need some time to develop. I'm thinking a lower ranked 2020 6'10"+  guy would be ideal to come in and develop so as to be able to backup TJD and Furst- or whatever other big we get in 2021

Brunk will be here two years

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Brunk will be here two years

Yes, Davis a Sr in 19 with Brink and TJD.  Brunk a Sr in 20 with TJD. Then a Jr TJD in 21 with a freshman? I'm just thinking it would be nice to bring that freshman in 20. Or we will need a transfer. Another Brunk

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Kind of worried that we are not in good shape with a lot of the high school recruits that are left.  Hopefully we can get Brunk and another grad transfer shooter and then take Windham if he wants to come.

I have a feeling Archie is OK with leaving a scholarship (or two) open.  I'm fine with that.  All 13 filled scholarships are good for is lack of playing time transfers.  Holtman unlikely to fill his due to lack of room in the rotation from what I read.

27 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Not sure where to find this, but can somebody respond with what preferred walk-ons have been mentioned to be coming to IU next year? I know there was a kid recently, but couldn’t find the name. Which made me wonder if there were any others. 

Nathan Childress:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indiana-getting-an-explosive-athlete-in-preferred-walk-on-nathan-childress/

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/late-signing-period-predictions

Hope these predictions are not all accurate because none of these experts picked Watford or Quinones to IU

Like anything regarding recruiting, I'd say they're accurate when they were made.  But with Watford, the reset button got hit on Sunday. 

Archived