2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I heard an interview on the radio on the way home with Rabjohns. Here are a few highlights. 

* He would be shocked if Trendon ended up anywhere other than LSU. 🤮

* He said most of the behind the scenes chatter involving Quinones points toward Memphis. 

* He was asked what IU would do in 19 with the two open scholarships if both of the above don’t come here. He said IU is looking at a couple of grad transfers, but he wasn’t going to mention their names because it might not matter. He said IU doesn’t grant special athletic waivers on grades to grad transfers so the guys we are looking at might not even be able to get into grad school. Sounds like we are in the minority with this policy.  

* He was very high in RJ Davis. 

IMHO.  Rabby lost all cred... when he led IU fans down the rabbit hole on Garland.  Sorry. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I heard an interview on the radio on the way home with Rabjohns. Here are a few highlights. 

* He said most of the behind the scenes chatter involving Quinones points toward Memphis. 

* He was asked what IU would do in 19 with the two open scholarships if both of the above don’t come here. He said IU is looking at a couple of grad transfers, but he wasn’t going to mention their names because it might not matter. He said IU doesn’t grant special athletic waivers on grades to grad transfers so the guys we are looking at might not even be able to get into grad school. Sounds like we are in the minority with this policy.  

Thanks for the summary.

8 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

Really enjoy the board.  I have to say though... your hard on for Rabjohns/Peegs is next level.

Two of my best friends.  I knew two weeks in advance of their move from Rivals to Scout/247 Sports.

Reported it to my fellow mods at the time.  And they , except for CC were unwilling at the time to believe what I was reporting to them.  Those two guys often, put things behind paywalls, that other sites offer up for their members, including Hoosier Sports Nation, free of charge. If that is next level... well, they earned it.

I am glad you enjoy Hoosier Sports Nation.  Keep in mind, the guys who make this board run, do it out of their love of all things IU... not to make money off of their members. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Two of my best friends.  I knew two weeks in advance of their move from Rivals to Scout/247 Sports.

Reported it to my fellow mods at the time.  And they , except for CC were unwilling at the time to believe what I was reporting to them.  Those two guys often, put things behind paywalls, that other sites offer up for their members, including Hoosier Sports Nation, free of charge. If that is next level... well, they earned it.

I am glad you enjoy Hoosier Sports Nation.  Keep in mind, the guys who make this board run, do it out of their love of all things IU... not to make money off of their members. 

I’m well aware ... sending  a big thanks to you and all others who make this place tick.  It’s a real treasure.

On 5/1/2019 at 6:29 PM, Zlinedavid said:

I don't disagree with this. Will cut down on transfers 1-2 years from now.

And I’m ok with this...should allow for minutes for almost the whole team at different times. Hopefully guys like Damazi and Race are ready to contribute. Damazi can back up the 3 and Race the 4 and heck maybe Armaan a few minutes at the two for defense if we need it. But the whole team should feel engaged. Only down is practice quality...that said UK and Duke don’t always use all their schollys so it won’t hurt...best save it for quality kids in 2021 than take a reach on a kid in 19.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:36 PM, Parakeet Jones said:

So basically telling us what we already know on Watford and Lester.  I cannot believe people pay 10 bucks a month for his so called nuggets. 

As far as the grad transfer thing if that is true no wonder the bbal program is where it is at . The school makes sure we are not playing on a level playing field. 

Wasn't sure where to put this. Plenty of CB's for McDaniels and Juzang headed to Kentucky. Would mean 2 more similar players in addition to Brooks and Khalil Whitney? These guys along with returning players....how in the world do these guys expect more than 15 minutes.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this. Plenty of CB's for McDaniels and Juzang headed to Kentucky. Would mean 2 more similar players in addition to Brooks and Khalil Whitney? These guys along with returning players....how in the world do these guys expect more than 15 minutes.

Brooks is proably not going to get nearly the minutes he thought he was going to get. But he was sold on the fact Cal told him he could get him to the league after one season. Good luck I guess. 

I don’t know the players still available to us. We still need a consistent outside shooter to go along with our current players. I feel Rob and Al will show improvement. Devonte has shown for three years he is a streaky shooter. When he’s hot no ones better when he’s not well it’s not pretty. Damezi  is still catching up to this level. I thought his shot looked very uncomfortable last year. Hopefully the game slows down for him and he can hit his stride. This team has talent, but it needs to be elevated across the board if we are going to win. 

11 hours ago, Bob said:

I don’t know the players still available to us. We still need a consistent outside shooter to go along with our current players. I feel Rob and Al will show improvement. Devonte has shown for three years he is a streaky shooter. When he’s hot no ones better when he’s not well it’s not pretty. Damezi  is still catching up to this level. I thought his shot looked very uncomfortable last year. Hopefully the game slows down for him and he can hit his stride. This team has talent, but it needs to be elevated across the board if we are going to win. 

IU is probably done with recruiting for next season at this point and have moved on to the 2020 class.

Just a general comment and someone can correct me. Feels like to me Archie has 4-5 offers on the table for the same type of player in 2020. Is this situation similar to Franklin, Damezi, Newman, Henry,etc.....first to say yes gets the scholarship? If some of these local kids like IU as much as they've indicated I'd say yes pretty soon. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment and someone can correct me. Feels like to me Archie has 4-5 offers on the table for the same type of player in 2020. Is this situation similar to Franklin, Damezi, Newman, Henry,etc.....first to say yes gets the scholarship? If some of these local kids like IU as much as they've indicated I'd say yes pretty soon. 

I'd say that's likely. From everything he's said and others have written about him, I don't see Archie using the oversign. I see Leal especially making a decision one way or the other soon.  Hopefully he's on board but it doesn't strike me that he's going to drag it out either way. From what I've seen, Leal and Morton are similar pieces, which makes missing on Morton much easier to take if Leal says yes.

Archived