2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Not sure other than Pearl has been really hot on the recruiting trail lately. Auburn is not much closer than Purdue to Memphis. Guess someone will have to inform us.

I know he might be slimy but I just can't help but root for Pearl. Even more so in this circumstance 

14 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Now that we have Leal & Galloway in the fold......I guess the question is now, who’s next and when.  Hope it’s Cross and one of Love/Davis.

That's my question. I'd prefer big because Rob has point for next 2-3...we have Leal/Galloway coming. Holding spots for any of the 2-3 21 studs. Anyone who can come along and provide some guidance I'd appreciate. Cross seems like a very good player but don't we need more size with Davis going, TJD here for 2 max, same for Brunk. 

32 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Now that we have Leal & Galloway in the fold......I guess the question is now, who’s next and when.  Hope it’s Cross and one of Love/Davis.

My hope is Cross because he is another one with the kind of mind set we want at IU

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

My hope is Cross because he is another one with the kind of mind set we want at IU

Cross and Garcia would be ideal. You pair TJD and Garcia and Brunk up and you have perhaps one of the deepest front courts in the B1G. I too like Cross’s ability to make his own offense and create mismatches. Tough nosed kid would fit the program well. A back up point would be nice but with Armaan and Al on the roster that’s a pretty full backcourt. 2021 will likely see us have someone transfer out by then or go pro early (Hunter or Trayce maybe) we I think those spots will open up on their own.

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Cross and Garcia would be ideal. You pair TJD and Garcia and Brunk up and you have perhaps one of the deepest front courts in the B1G. I too like Cross’s ability to make his own offense and create mismatches. Tough nosed kid would fit the program well. A back up point would be nice but with Armaan and Al on the roster that’s a pretty full backcourt. 2021 will likely see us have someone transfer out by then or go pro early (Hunter or Trayce maybe) we I think those spots will open up on their own.

To me it would be ideal if we could get a grad transfer PG to back up RP so then he will be gone for Lander.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me it would be ideal if we could get a grad transfer PG to back up RP so then he will be gone for Lander.

I felt that way too because we are losing Green but I’m starting to come around to the idea of Al being used in that role with Armaan getting some run. I wouldn’t be opposed to a grad transfer pg but I’m more concerned about getting a big to develop behind Brunk and TJD because we will lose Davis for sure and we lose Brunk for sure in 20. Trayce likely. I don’t want to go into 21 with no experienced bigs on the roster. It takes them longer to develop and build strength. Besides I’d think a decent grad transfer pg would want to start and not get 12 mins a game behind Rob. Who knows...maybe we miss out on Cross since we landed both Leal and Galloway and we get both a pg and a big...definitely have targeted more of those two then wings.

On 8/5/2019 at 8:43 PM, IUwins0708 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Ivey does indeed de-commit.  Something to keep an eye on for sure.

Yeah I know someone who played with him at Marian. The La Lumiere talk has been going on since May. Apparently though he's been telling people all summer he thinks he committed too early. He may still end up at Purdue but it sounds like he wishes he could have gotten more offers.

3 hours ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Yeah I know someone who played with him at Marian. The La Lumiere talk has been going on since May. Apparently though he's been telling people all summer he thinks he committed too early. He may still end up at Purdue but it sounds like he wishes he could have gotten more offers.

From what I’ve been hearing he will open it back up this fall.  If that happens I won’t be surprised to see Painter pull the offer.  In fact I would respect him for it if he does pull the offer.

32 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

From what I’ve been hearing he will open it back up this fall.  If that happens I won’t be surprised to see Painter pull the offer.  In fact I would respect him for it if he does pull the offer.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. 

I agree though.. obviously not knowing circumstances, but I wouldn't want the back and forth. 

5 hours ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Who’s better, Garcia or Loveday?

Garcia is the higher ranked prospect. I would say he is on that TJD level. Likely not a 4 year player.

Loveday is a bit more of a bruiser but still has a nice touch. I’d say a four year kid but a little less athletic but still highly regarded.

9 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I was joking about this earlier, but after reading the idiots at GBI mouthing off about Ivey being Mr. Basketball before he went to La Lu, Painter wanting Morton more than Galloway and Carson Edwards being a better pro than Romeo, I'll laugh my @ss off if this happens.

...and they are apparently clueless about this possibility on the free forum...makes the possibility even more hilarious to me.

15 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Live look at stlboiler after doing daily early morning check of HSN 

5BCDD7F9-5A58-4283-8CE6-DAC160DDD1EE.gif

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I was joking about this earlier, but after reading the idiots at GBI mouthing off about Ivey being Mr. Basketball before he went to La Lu, Painter wanting Morton more than Galloway and Carson Edwards being a better pro than Romeo, I'll laugh my @ss off if this happens.

...and they are apparently clueless about this possibility on the free forum...makes the possibility even more hilarious to me.

You’re giving too much credit to the free board. Any legit discussion would be on the premium board. 

I keep seeing a lot of references that imply TJD will not be a 4 year player.

He is ranked #29 in the 247 composite for his class. There are 30 NBA teams. 

Throw in International players, a handful of late devoloping upperclassmen, and the 28 players ranked ahead of him in his class, and the odds are heavily against him being a first round OAD.

As far as being a two and done, he is then competing against another group of top 30 first year players and a new batch of international guys.

If a player does not go first round after their sophomore year they become an extreme long shot to ever be.a first rounder

The bottom line is that the odds are against the 29th player in a class from EVER being a first round pick, so why should we so easily assume he won't be a 4 year player?

Archived