2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I keep seeing a lot of references that imply TJD will not be a 4 year player.

He is ranked #29 in the 247 composite for his class. There are 30 NBA teams. 

Throw in International players, a handful of late devoloping upperclassmen, and the 28 players ranked ahead of him in his class, and the odds are heavily against him being a first round OAD.

As far as being a two and done, he is then competing against another group of top 30 first year players and a new batch of international guys.

If a player does not go first round after their sophomore year they become an extreme long shot to ever be.a first rounder

The bottom line is that the odds are against the 29th player in a class from EVER being a first round pick, so why should we so easily assume he won't be a 4 year player?

I think TJD will be here 2 to 3 years and remember it does not really matter what you were ranked in HS when it comes to the draft.  There were 2 top 5 picks in this draft who were not highly ranked at all with the kid from Murray St being a low 3 star and the kid from TT who was ranked 300+.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think TJD will be here 2 to 3 years and remember it does not really matter what you were ranked in HS when it comes to the draft.  There were 2 top 5 picks in this draft who were not highly ranked at all with the kid from Murray St being a low 3 star and the kid from TT who was ranked 300+.

I understand all that.  My point is we should not assume he falls into any category, let alone one that assumes he's an automatic early entry candidate.  The math says he probably isn't, unless you are of the opinion that he would declare even if he is not guaranteed first round.  This is not a Romeo situation.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I understand all that.  My point is we should not assume he falls into any category, let alone one that assumes he's an automatic early entry candidate.  The math says he probably isn't, unless you are of the opinion that he would declare even if he is not guaranteed first round.  This is not a Romeo situation.

I have no idea what he will do because today kids leave early even if they are not guaranteed a first round pick.  There are a lot of kids go undrafted who left early so who knows what kids will do.

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You’re giving too much credit to the free board. Any legit discussion would be on the premium board. 

It's a shame you toiletmakers have to pay for a good forum. 😂😂😂

Sorry...I'll still laugh at those idiots when presented the opportunity. That forum alternates between obnoxious and entertaining.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Adding that as we all know he is the son of a multi-millionaire and doesn't have the financial need to go early that some do might keep him around longer as well.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

It's a shame you toiletmakers have to pay for a good forum. 😂😂😂

Sorry...I'll still laugh at those idiots when presented the opportunity. That forum alternates between obnoxious and entertaining.

Eh I’m okay with it. The premium board has much better discussion and the crazies usually don’t last too long. The Purdue and IU free boards on rivals are both bad. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Eh I’m okay with it. The premium board has much better discussion and the crazies usually don’t last too long. The Purdue and IU free boards on rivals are both bad. 

Yes it is and I had to leave it because every post became a pissing match between the pro CAM and the ones that wants him fired.

On 8/11/2019 at 10:36 AM, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Who’s better, Garcia or Loveday?

Garcia is incredibly skilled for a 6'10 guy.  He looks like he's about 6'5 on the drive.  I wonder if he's going to be in college for long.

Loveday impresses me. He's obviously long but he looks really mobile and agile for that size.  I'd like to hear more about his motor but he looks like a really good get.  

If we want to be an athletic team, both make a lot of sense.  These aren't big, plodding old school players.

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Would it be prudent to start a 2021-22 topic or add 2021-22 to the title?

I think a new thread for 21 and a separate new thread for 22 is best.  There may already be a 21 thread.

Please do not change the title of this thread.  I hate these never-ending threads that get to be 50 pages or more.

• 2 months later...

Got no problem being wrong, comes with the territory.  Was just saying what I was hearing.  And yes I can promise you Boiler was sitting on that response for a long time.  Notice his trends, only comes around when something good happens for Purdue or when something bad happens for IU.  It’s just who he is, and that’s fine.  

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Got no problem being wrong, comes with the territory.  Was just saying what I was hearing.  And yes I can promise you Boiler was sitting on that response for a long time.  Notice his trends, only comes around when something good happens for Purdue or when something bad happens for IU.  It’s just who he is, and that’s fine.  

I’ve posted plenty here after Purdue’s season was unraveling and IU was doing well actually. Congratulated you guys on wins multiple times actually. 

Archived