2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I just wonder what that would mean for the future of Smith and Moore.  They are Crean's guys after all. 

Smith should be fine either way, I won't be surprised if he starts this season.  Moore will depend on how he develops, I guess.

If we land Garland and Langford, those two could go pro after their frosh year and Davis after his junior, plus Morgan graduating is 4.  Will it happen?  I don't know, but it isn't that far-fetched either.  

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Smith should be fine either way, I won't be surprised if he starts this season.  Moore will depend on how he develops, I guess.

If we land Garland and Langford, those two could go pro after their frosh year and Davis after his junior, plus Morgan graduating is 4.  Will it happen?  I don't know, but it isn't that far-fetched either.  

That's all very possible but I expect a transfer and possibly two.  The odd man out to me is Durham especially if Garland commits.  I've thought he would eventually transfer since the day he committed and my track record is pretty good on those predictions.   The only Crean recruit that I thought would transfer that didn't was Priller.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

That's all very possible but I expect a transfer and possibly two.  The odd man out to me is Durham especially if Garland commits.  I've thought he would eventually transfer since the day he committed and my track record is pretty good on those predictions.   The only Crean recruit that I thought would transfer that didn't was Priller.

Well yeah, a transfer has to happen to get Garland and Langford.  I think Durham seems likely, but Garland, RP and Langford are going to push out one of the guards on the roster now. 

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

There is a part of me that wonders if all of the forwards is a reflection of how Archie feels about Moore and Smith.  Especially Moore.  Seems like a boom or bust guy, and I wonder if Forrester is a sign Archie thinks he's a bust.   I mean, did it take Crean that long to realize Bawa and Jurkin weren't gonna contribute and he needed to find other options?  Conversely, I wonder if this is a sign Archie likes Durham.  

4 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Pump the brakes...let's land one first. 

To say we are in good with Brooks is an understatement. Jackson Davis and Watford are definitely looking good. And not to mention Hurt, should we show him priority.

And let me add to my point. When were we actually in on this many 5* players, and for that matter, this many In State players?

There is no question, there is a different "buzz" around the state with Archie. And Archie is a no B.S. guy. What you see is what you get. And guys are loving him. Nothing against Crean, but he was a politician. The same guys that love him, will hate him 2 years later.

I feel like with the new potential transfer rules you almost have to recruit to be over the limit each and every year. Once Archie gets going I would expect a combination of 1 transfer and at least 1 player to NBA every year. Those moving targets almost force coaches to over recruit by at least 1 scholarship each year. 

Romeo, Garland, Brooks, Watford, Hurt....any of those types of guys say yes you say awesome. We'll figure out the rest later. 

I don't know how the recruiting is going to play out from here but I'll say this ... I've been waiting patiently for ~20 years to be in the very position we're in now recruiting wise.  

We've already landed the 62nd, 87th, 101st, 102nd (Race in '17), and 168th. 

We're in deep for 5th + 9th to round out '18.

We're laying the ground work for the 4th, 12th, 21st, 31st, and 67th in '19 and it's promising for all of them. Landing the top 20 consistently will make us elite 8+ contenders on a yearly basis.

For the past 20 years I'd be happy to land 1 top 20 every few years and now we're looking good for 5 of them! Incredible...we also have what looks to be one hell of a (young!) coach on top of it! 

2 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I don't know how the recruiting is going to play out from here but I'll say this ... I've been waiting patiently for ~20 years to be in the very position we're in now recruiting wise.  

We've already landed the 62nd, 87th, 101st, 102nd (Race in '17), and 168th. 

We're in deep for 5th + 9th to round out '18.

We're laying the ground work for the 4th, 12th, 21st, 31st, and 67th in '19 and it's promising for all of them. Landing the top 20 consistently will make us elite 8+ contenders on a yearly basis.

For the past 20 years I'd be happy to land 1 top 20 every few years and now we're looking good for 5 of them! Incredible...we also have what looks to be one hell of a (young!) coach on top of it! 

These are VERY exciting times, indeed! 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">6 Pm📢</p>&mdash; Jake Forrester (@begreatjake) <a href="https://twitter.com/begreatjake/status/907355763533905920">September 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJzEwEFWkAAt-3P.jpg

Archived