2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

11 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Double agent in the sense that he mishandled Kyrie's questions about playing at Duke.  He ended up being receptive to the line of inquiry and played up Duke.  He may have been more dimwit than double agent but the word is he did not do his job for IU and talked up Duke.  There's a way to handle that and he bombed.  

That makes sense.  Thanks to you and Mile for the info.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Indykev said:

yes, but he and Romeo are at Vandy this weekend.

Fingers crossed they do not commit once the Vandy visit is complete.  I believe if it is truly between Vandy and IU for Darius, Darius will want to see what IU is about in person during one of their biggest events for basketball, especially since he lived in Indiana and his dad has some history with IU.  I believe for Romeo it will be between UL and IU but I don't see him committing anytime soon unless he is absolutely blown away.  

Kind of ironic the exact thing we keep telling Romeo (stay home be a legend) is the exact thing working against us for Darius. I know he considers Indiana home too but he's from Nashville. I know at HH all eyes are going to be on Romeo but I hope the fans will give equal treatment/chants for Darius too. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kind of ironic the exact thing we keep telling Romeo (stay home be a legend) is the exact thing working against us for Darius. I know he considers Indiana home too but he's from Nashville. I know at HH all eyes are going to be on Romeo but I hope the fans will give equal treatment/chants for Darius too. 

I agree, I think the "stay home and be a legend" thing will be pushed towards Romeo more, I would imagine the treatment will be pretty equal.  Seems Archie really gets to know the kids and family, as opposed to other coaches that may not  

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Well Vandy has no legends.  No one cares about sports at that place.

Everyone in the country kept saying that all Archie needed was a big stage to showcase himself. I want to be careful how I say this. He's already blown me away on the recruiting trail. If for some reason we miss on Darius and Romeo I still am very impressed with what he's done so far considering his IU teams haven't hit the court yet. With that said...even if he could close on either Garland or Romeo. Just wow. If he gets both?? I'd like to know what the heck he's saying to these kids/families.

And that's just with this class. 2019 class...Brooks, Hurt, Watford? I'll say it again. All business in Bloomington. No flash. No rah rah...just business.

4 minutes ago, INDenizen said:

Anybody know what the Vandy appeal is for Romeo?

To me, I believe Vandy is only a threat w Romeo if Romeo and Darius truly want to package together somewhere. If that is the case, it would most likely be down to us and Vandy. For me, I do believe that it is us and Vandy for both of those guys, I know Romeo is supposedly big on Louisville, but these guys are visiting Vandy on the same weekend, and they are also visiting IU on the same weekend.. I don't think its a coincidence, I think these guys want to play at the same college.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Everyone in the country kept saying that all Archie needed was a big stage to showcase himself. I want to be careful how I say this. He's already blown me away on the recruiting trail. If for some reason we miss on Darius and Romeo I still am very impressed with what he's done so far considering his IU teams haven't hit the court yet. With that said...even if he could close on either Garland or Romeo. Just wow. If he gets both?? I'd like to know what the heck he's saying to these kids/families.

And that's just with this class. 2019 class...Brooks, Hurt, Watford? I'll say it again. All business in Bloomington. No flash. No rah rah...just business.

Great post.  As much as we all went hyper for Donovan, we may actually have the better guy for us (not a knock on Donovan).  I know it is a bold statement and I sound like a "fan[atic]" but I am watching every move he's making and it's all stuff I have wanted for years and correcting what I have been complaining about.  I think we have a special guy and I am hardly a blind homer.

2 hours ago, NY hoosier said:

I am a Vanderbilt grad, lifetime hoosier and fervent IU b-ball fan. Vanderbilt has a lot going for it. Great school, in Nashville which is a very cool city. Coach has brought real excitement to what has always been a decent b-ball program also in on 5 star recruit named Sittu

Meh.  If I was a 5 star, I wouldn't go there simply because the benched are on the baseline instead of the sideline.  

Archived