2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pure speculation on my  part. If Chris Mack leaves Xavier...you think we would look at Scruggs again? IF and big IF...he decided to leave under the immediate transfer rule that will apply later this spring if his coach leaves he can leave without having to sit out a year?

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Pure speculation on my  part. If Chris Mack leaves Xavier...you think we would look at Scruggs again? IF and big IF...he decided to leave under the immediate transfer rule that will apply later this spring if his coach leaves he can leave without having to sit out a year?

Wasn't there a lot of shady stuff there? Didn't Dakich get in to it with some prep school runner over Scruggs?

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Wasn't there a lot of shady stuff there? Didn't Dakich get in to it with some prep school runner over Scruggs?

I think so IIRC. Not certain though. Scruggs can go hang out in Cincy and see what happens there after Mack leaves.  Or he can just transfer to Georgia....haha

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What would make you think we are backing off of him

I saw earlier on this page Archie was watching some other Centers, and awhile back I'd heard rumors on here that TJD was more interested in another school, maybe it was MSU? So backing off probably isn't the best choice of words, but maybe spending less time recruiting him for other players.

6 hours ago, CapnRon said:

I saw earlier on this page Archie was watching some other Centers, and awhile back I'd heard rumors on here that TJD was more interested in another school, maybe it was MSU? So backing off probably isn't the best choice of words, but maybe spending less time recruiting him for other players.

I don't see him backing off at all. I do see him keeping options open just like the recruits do.

Wasn't sure where to put this. CJ Walker from Florida St is transferring. I know Purdue and Butler recruited him hard. I think Xavier did too. Very odd considering last week on Indy radio he was raving about how much he loved Florida St. Originally from Tech in Indy.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this. CJ Walker from Florida St is transferring. I know Purdue and Butler recruited him hard. I think Xavier did too. Very odd considering last week on Indy radio he was raving about how much he loved Florida St. Originally from Tech in Indy.

Wow I wonder if Archie will hit him up.

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

On JMV he did say Xavier was the runner up to FSU

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Odd that a player who started on an elite 8 team would transfer.

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

On JMV he did say Xavier was the runner up to FSU

Which has me a little puzzled. Pure speculation. Maybe CJ goes to Louisville. Sits out the year because they will suck either way. Reunites with Mack who he obviously liked. Scruggs can go there too and poof...they have their back court. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Which has me a little puzzled. Pure speculation. Maybe CJ goes to Louisville. Sits out the year because they will suck either way. Reunites with Mack who he obviously liked. Scruggs can go there too and poof...they have their back court. 

I think that is a possibility but with going to back to back tournaments at FSU i would think tge potential post season ban would stop that idea

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

He was committed to Purdue for awhile before opening things up and eventually picking FSU. Worked out well for us because we ended up with Carsen after CJ decommitted. 

6 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

As far as CJ Walker goes I think he would be a good fit here off the bench.  As far as how interested are we with him I am not sure.  I believe Louisville will be his destination. 

I definitely can see archie bringing him in to play as like a sixth man off the bench, if not challenging for the starting spot. I really like his game

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this. 5 star stud commit for Syracuse (Darius Bazley) decommits from them today. Playing in G league next year. Talk about a blow to a recruiting class. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

...and so it begins...

This has been a discussion for awhile about burger boys skipping college to go straight to the G league or overseas.  I'm sure a lot of recruits will have their eyes on his progress to the league.

Archived