2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

14 minutes ago, ephul said:

Smith is a 4, or a 3 for that matter. Thompson has never played an NCAA game. Same with Forrester. Moore is completely raw, we have no idea how much he'll improve. Hunter is expecting to play 2-4. Davis is coming off a serious injury, and really didn't look that great defensively when he was out there.... Experience is needed in the front court.

Agree 100% that the lack of shooters is the more pressing need. No doubt. But if Archie feels there really isn't a guard out there worth getting, may as well fill the scholarship with this kid.

Fair points.  But I don’t think Smith is a 3 at all, and I feel like the 4 and 5 positions are kind of interchangeable in Archie’s defensive scheme.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Fair points.  But I don’t think Smith is a 3 at all, and I feel like the 4 and 5 positions are kind of interchangeable in Archie’s defensive scheme.

Agreed. In a perfect world, he stays at the 4. Most optimal at the 4.

I saw a tweet on another board that David Bell from Warren Central who is a great football player and a good basketball player is looking at IU to play both sports.  If Iu football were able to land him it would be a great recruiting win because it appears he is really looking hard at OSU.

I follow recruiting and I'd like to think with information from this board and other places that I have a pretty good feel of it. With that said...there's a big difference between fans like myself and the people who actually know the behind the scenes stuff. My question is this. I'm getting the feel that if Romeo does say yes..we are going to another 1-2 verbals within 30 days? Is that fair assumption given all the visits, talks, second visits,etc...

So we have 3 open scholarships for the 2019-2020 season before Romeo, assuming Romeo chooses IU and stays for his Sophomore year, that leaves us with two spots.  It seems like we have good chances at Trendon Watford, Keion Brooks, TJD, Isaiah Stewart and having issued offers to DJ Carton, Jahmius Ramsey and Tre Mann.  Its a tight battle if no one transfers and we only have two scholarship openings.  Here is alot of talent.  Just curious how this could play out.

8 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

So we have 3 open scholarships for the 2019-2020 season before Romeo, assuming Romeo chooses IU and stays for his Sophomore year, that leaves us with two spots.  It seems like we have good chances at Trendon Watford, Keion Brooks, TJD, Isaiah Stewart and having issued offers to DJ Carton, Jahmius Ramsey and Tre Mann.  Its a tight battle if no one transfers and we only have two scholarship openings.  Here is alot of talent.  Just curious how this could play out.

I never like to do what I'm getting ready to do but I think it's pretty safe for 2 things. First...I believe Romeo is one and done so I feel pretty good his scholarship will be open leaving 3 for that class. Additionally I expect a transfer. Not because of Archie or IU it's just that some kids will want more playing time. So I think Archie will have 4 scholarships to play with in that class.

Snow and a couple others had articles come out last night. Stewart, Brooks, TJD were most impressive yesterday at camps/tourneys. I like being involved with the best. Far more exciting and I feel better about IU/Archie instead of being strung along by some 3 star from Western Timbuktwo. I mean that jokingly because I'm sure someone will come along and point out how many 3 stars we have or had that are great players.....my point is this. Odds are this. If you play hoops with pocket Aces more than pocket 5's....you'll win more games, advance to more Final 4's and eventually win a title.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Snow and a couple others had articles come out last night. Stewart, Brooks, TJD were most impressive yesterday at camps/tourneys. I like being involved with the best. Far more exciting and I feel better about IU/Archie instead of being strung along by some 3 star from Western Timbuktwo. I mean that jokingly because I'm sure someone will come along and point out how many 3 stars we have or had that are great players.....my point is this. Odds are this. If you play hoops with pocket Aces more than pocket 5's....you'll win more games, advance to more Final 4's and eventually win a title.

Here’s a link to the above description: https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Isaiah-Stewart-and-Keion-Brooks-led-the-way-with-top-performances-on-Saturday-at-the-Nike-EYBL-117808165/Amp?__twitter_impression=true

the other part which is striking is the offers are to guys who appear well grounded. Players who will embrace a university and playing style. An interview with tre mann he talked about not playing good enough defense in a game last week. Then you read about what a great TWO way player Ramsey will be. Love what Arch is cooking!!!

2 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Here’s a link to the above description: https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Isaiah-Stewart-and-Keion-Brooks-led-the-way-with-top-performances-on-Saturday-at-the-Nike-EYBL-117808165/Amp?__twitter_impression=true

the other part which is striking is the offers are to guys who appear well grounded. Players who will embrace a university and playing style. An interview with tre mann he talked about not playing good enough defense in a game last week. Then you read about what a great TWO way player Ramsey will be. Love what Arch is cooking!!!

Thanks for posting. Appreciate it!

On 4/17/2018 at 12:14 PM, IU Scott said:

I saw a tweet on another board that David Bell from Warren Central who is a great football player and a good basketball player is looking at IU to play both sports.  If Iu football were able to land him it would be a great recruiting win because it appears he is really looking hard at OSU.

Bell is a big Iowa lean and with Ohio St at his door step.  He’s not looking at Indiana at all.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived