2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what Archie, Tom, Ed, and Bruiser are telling these kids because it's going way better than expected. I remember listening to a Goodman podcast shortly after Archie was hired and he said that we'd snag the occasional 5 star but don't get too excited...we can't compete with duke, uk etc. That right Jeff?

*we haven't landed a single 5 star but it's looking like it's just a matter of time*

Looking forward to 2019 class and seeing how things are lining up - if we get Hurt, Watford, Brooks and Jackson Davis - wouild this be the best recruting class ever assembled at IU? Heck, even if we get 2 of the 4 or 3 of the 4 we may assemble a top 1 or 2 class in the country. 

As for this years class - I think we finish off with a top 3 class. imo we get Romeo and Darius.

14 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Looking forward to 2019 class and seeing how things are lining up - if we get Hurt, Watford, Brooks and Jackson Davis - wouild this be the best recruting class ever assembled at IU? Heck, even if we get 2 of the 4 or 3 of the 4 we may assemble a top 1 or 2 class in the country. 

As for this years class - I think we finish off with a top 3 class. imo we get Romeo and Darius.

Even just one of Romeo or Darius would solidify us a top 3 class, with both maybe the #1 class but you never know with the Duke's and Kentucky's of the world.

As for 2019, It could be an amazing class but the problem is the scholarships.. We may only be able to grab 2 players in the 2019 class, we won't know until the focus on that class becomes the main focus rather than 2018. There are multiple players that I could see that would transfer, but at the media day recently it seemed that all of the potential ones were talked pretty highly of by Archie. (Not that I expect him to talk low of them, lol.)

If you follow college basketball regularly, you know the nature of the draft, transfers, etc. EVERY SINGLE year we have a couple of these things. So stop worrying about scholarship numbers. If we were trying to bring in 10 guys each year, then maybe you'd need to worry or be concerned. We'll take each of those four previously mentioned if they want to be here.

2 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

If you follow college basketball regularly, you know the nature of the draft, transfers, etc. EVERY SINGLE year we have a couple of these things. So stop worrying about scholarship numbers. If we were trying to bring in 10 guys each year, then maybe you'd need to worry or be concerned. We'll take each of those four previously mentioned if they want to be here.

I agree with this.  If these 4 players who are all ranked very high want to come and play for IU in '19 - I would have to imagine room will be made for all. 

In the meantime, Garland and Romeo would put as a top 1 or 2 class for '18.

7 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

No.  1972 class was: Buckner, Wilkerson, May, Abernathy, and Crews.  This class was the nucleus of the last undefeated NCAA men's basketball team, and the first four later played quite a bit in the NBA.

Just a random thought. Michigan is putting together a very good/large class. Flipped a long time Illini lean this past weekend. Not sure if we have any Illini fans that follow this site but would be curious to hear their thoughts. Underwood started strong with Smith recruit but since has shooting blanks.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Just a random thought. Michigan is putting together a very good/large class. Flipped a long time Illini lean this past weekend. Not sure if we have any Illini fans that follow this site but would be curious to hear their thoughts. Underwood started strong with Smith recruit but since has shooting blanks.

cosmicpowers stopped by in the FBI thread, so there is at least one. 

Archived