2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IUwins0708 said:

He maybe the next commit

Kid is a beast. Wouldn't surprise me if he were a 5 star soon. A freak athlete for his size. 

Getting Brooks and Davis would be phenomenal. Throw Hurt or Watford in and it'd be the best class in a long time

34 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

JD or Brooks?  Assuming we could only take 1 who would you rather have?

I would say Brooks just because it would mean Archie beat out Izzo for the highest-profile recruit in the state, in a region of the state we have not recruited very well recently (outside of Blackmon).  But I have no idea if Brooks is actually a better player than Jackson-Davis.

Despite my meltdown in the romeo/garland thread I'm buzzing about the direction of the program. If my theory of it being 'near impossible' to overtake the big dogs for the top 10 players then the next best thing to do is lock a squad FULL of players 20-120 range. We're linked with so many of them and it's amazing. Crean had the right idea and it got us two Big-10 titles and 1 legit FF team but he was hunting closer to 100 range than 30 which won't cut it. Pepper in 6 players in the 20-60 range, a few players like morgan who were just outside the top 100, NO PRILLERS, and good coach and we will put ourselves in position to make a few runs. I don't think you can win a title without having three or four 5 star players on the roster (think wisconsin, msu, michigan) but with continued progression and a little luck in the tournament we might win one. Who knows...maybe we could recruit like Kansas but that's a bonus for me right now.

16 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Despite my meltdown in the romeo/garland thread I'm buzzing about the direction of the program. If my theory of it being 'near impossible' to overtake the big dogs for the top 10 players then the next best thing to do is lock a squad FULL of players 20-120 range. We're linked with so many of them and it's amazing. Crean had the right idea and it got us two Big-10 titles and 1 legit FF team but he was hunting closer to 100 range than 30 which won't cut it. Pepper in 6 players in the 20-60 range, a few players like morgan who were just outside the top 100, NO PRILLERS, and good coach and we will put ourselves in position to make a few runs. I don't think you can win a title without having three or four 5 star players on the roster (think wisconsin, msu, michigan) but with continued progression and a little luck in the tournament we might win one. Who knows...maybe we could recruit like Kansas but that's a bonus for me right now.

Just curious, but aside from the obvious recent accusation, why do you not think we can recruit like Arizona? They have strong teams year in and year out. Routinely ranked in the top 10 to 15. Get more than their fair share of high 4-star and some 5-star players? 

25 minutes ago, IUaic said:

Just curious, but aside from the obvious recent accusation, why do you not think we can recruit like Arizona? They have strong teams year in and year out. Routinely ranked in the top 10 to 15. Get more than their fair share of high 4-star and some 5-star players? 

I don’t think you can separate Arizona’s recruiting from the recent accusations.  It’s no wonder they’ve had so much recruiting success, considering they were likely throwing hundreds of thousands of dollars at top recruits.

5 hours ago, IUaic said:

Location mainly. Only real competition out there is Kansas and UCLA for the top kids out west. Sean Miller was my top pick as a coach. I think if anyone could do it here it would be Sean. Archie has a shot. The crux of my argument is that you can't penetrate that wall as there's too many teams locked in tier 1 and so few players to go around. If there's any team that can break into the top tier of CBB in the big ten it's IU. We need that first break through class to get the attention to recruits that we're the new kids on the block to make it cool to come here. Cal did it with the John Wall class and it blew up. If we can nail Romeo + Garland then I'm positive that Hurt and company will start coming here and we'll have broken into that first tier. If we can't do it in 2 - 3 years then we'll be resigned to that second crop of players like MSU. We're in a trap location surrounded by so many tier 2 schools all vying for the same level of players. MSU, UK, OSU, Purdue, illinois used to snag some. What killed us that the one advantage we had is being a top basketball state but that was negated by Cal, Coack K, and Izzo. 

15 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Luguentz Dort to Arizona State.  Wonder how much Adidas gave him?

I'm actually glad to hear that. As a part of CAM's family, I really don't wish Sean Miller Ill and high-level recruits at this time are a good sign for SM. EDIT: Arizona STATE, blind man!!!

I honestly didn't see that one coming. Wasn't he leaning Oregon?

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm actually glad to hear that. As a part of CAM's family, I really don't wish Sean Miller Ill and high-level recruits at this time are a good sign for SM.

I honestly didn't see that one coming. Wasn't he leaning Oregon?

He committed to Bobby Hurley at Arizona State, not Arizona.  Sean is still in hot water, I would think.

Archived