2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I don't see where Jake fits in. I know he has some intangibles but even if he is much better than his ranking, wouldn't we be able to get someone better as a grad transfer or by waiting for next year (which would help balance the classes some)?

It seems to me that we would be better served filling that spot with more size or saving that spot for a Keion Brooks or similiar.

I don't want Moore as the only 6'10"+ guy on the roster.

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I don't see where Jake fits in. I know he has some intangibles but even if he is much better than his ranking, wouldn't we be able to get someone better as a grad transfer or by waiting for next year (which would help balance the classes some)?

It seems to me that we would be better served filling that spot with more size or saving that spot for a Keion Brooks or similiar.

I would take Moses Brown in a Sec. We will have a spot for Brooks, who is one and done. I think this staff will use every scholly for the first few years to build the team they want, there wont be any banking of schollys for a while. imo. I like what I have seen from Jake. Saw him live once and short youtube highlights. DeRon is 6'10. Not every winning team has a bunch of 6'10 guys.

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I would take Moses Brown in a Sec. We will have a spot for Brooks, who is one and done. I think this staff will use every scholly for the first few years to build the team they want, there wont be any banking of schollys for a while. imo. I like what I have seen from Jake. Saw him live once and short youtube highlights. DeRon is 6'10. Not every winning team has a bunch of 6'10 guys.

Agree with you on Moses. He is exactly what we need. 

Are you figuring Davis will stick around 4 years? That would be nice but what happens if he leaves this year or next?

UK, Duke, NC, KS always have quality size. I have no doubt Archie can be competitive playing small (as he has in his past). Quality bigs don't grow on trees but Rutgers has 7 footer, Nebraska 6'11,  Michigan has 6'10", 6'11" and 7'. 

Well see how MSU does vs the other elites playing small. Maybe small ball and versatility is here to stay....

On 8/10/2017 at 7:03 PM, 5fouls said:

Romeo is not a one and done.  

Just saw this but Romeo is going to be a one and done.

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Apparently the staff thinks Forrester is either bigger than the listed 6'8 or still growing. That combined with his bounciness has them sold on his potential I guess. I agree I'd rather bank the scholarship though. In on Wiseman, Hurt, Cockburn, Igiehorn, Stewart, Jackson-Davis in that same position and they're all 5 stars or high 4 stars.

Very interested in Archie's approach rounding out this class. I think there will always be a scholarship offer for Romeo, so we've got one left. It looks like he's looking for another one and doner.

But it's the broad attack that has me interested. Garland? King? Brown? We are after all them hard. I figured Archie would pick a position, go after that one and done kid, and if he didn't get him, bank the scholarship.

Here's to hoping we land a few 5 stars to polish off this class.

I wouldn't be surprised if 3 5 stars want to come to Indiana that Archie would make room for them. Someone always doesn't get the playing time that they want and will transfer. I have a friend whose a D1 coach and we talk recruiting all the time. He says you just have the Grant Gelon talk and kids will transfer based on that talk

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/08/24/report-three-star-forward-jake-forrester-sets-date-iu-official-visit/

Still not sure...Looks like a more Athletic Juwan Morgan coming out of High School.

That's exactly how I see Jake. High energy, fundamentally sound, rebounder. An ideal 4 as an upperclassman. Just want a big along side him !

I don't think you recruit over Phinesee and take Garland at this point.  Ultimately, you want the state of Indiana to be your base for recruits.  Phinesee is just the type of recruit to help get that kick-started.  He's probably already been told that he is not guaranteed to automatically start his first couple of years with DeVonte Green on the roster.  But, I imagine he expects to have the opportunity to get some minutes.

You absolutely take Garland if he wants to come. He is most likely a one and done guy and Phinesee can spell him- taking pressure off Rob and letting him ease into the starting pg job for the next 3 years.

Forrester is the kind of kid this fan base has clamored for years to bring in, but that we rarely or never did-- high motor, athletic big who will be a great inside presence on both ends. Think some of those kinds of kids Louisville often has on their roster. Now that we're in strong with a similar type player, folks don't want him.

Head scratcher.

Archived