2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks. I haven't watched so wanted to know who or why Doyel is doing a piece on him front and center for Star. Probably tired of just writing about Romeo I guess.

There is a PG averaging 31ppg, 6 assists; 6 rebounds, 4 steals he could write about. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Doubt it. I don’t think RP was ever coming to Purdue. If not IU/Archie, I would guess he would’ve picked Butler or UVA. 

Which is actually worse than Archie taking him from Painter. Never considering them (according to  you) is a bigger negative than being out recruited by Archie in 90 days. Thanks for letting me know!

20 hours ago, bstall76 said:

@VikeNation loses 1st game of the year to Pickerington North 51-38 and you can see it tonight at @WLWT Ch.5 at 11:00 @gmcsports 

Jerome Hunter (I.U.) 23
Darius Bazley 12
Darweshi Hunter 20 

Bazley was guarded by Hunter and is the #9 player in the nation. 

Wow. That is impressive!

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Name to keep an eye on as we go through the season for possible grad transfer. Remember Josh Cunningham? Crean recruited him but he went to Bradley. Transferred to Dayton with Archie. Might be a grad transfer to keep an eye on given his relationship with Archie.

True, but he is not the big or a shooter that we need.  He is Juwan Morgan part 2.  Not that that is a bad thing by any means. 6'7" 225.  Average 16 and 9 this year. 

1 hour ago, bstall76 said:

True, but he is not the big or a shooter that we need.  He is Juwan Morgan part 2.  Not that that is a bad thing by any means. 6'7" 225.  Average 16 and 9 this year. 

Yep. Have to have a plan for if Morgan does leave early. I'm with you I want a shooter but I think JC will make a nice addition somewhere. Chicago native. Rumors have been flying about even Illinois as a destination already. 

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but it is about the recruiting about Zion Williamson, and how after Duke got him, Calipari was criticizing the "Duke Slogan" and how they sell their program. Pot calling the kettle black is basically what this is, but within the article, I found it interesting to see what the two different pitches are to their recruits. Ky. is the NBA draft, and how they will make make you more attractive. Duke is we will take care of you for life, regardless of basketball. It started me to think about this season, and how the future and how his coaching influence, and recruiting pitch will unfold for Indiana, and this season has made me truly optimistic for the first time in many years going forward. So going forward:

I looked at this and wonder how CAM is recruiting, and will recruit. I know we are not going to be a team who goes after all one and done's thank goodness. I think one 5 star and really good 4 stars around him who keep developing to keep the program moving and stable moving forward each year is the best way. Regardless, I just don't get the difference. I just don't see the difference that Ky. provides as far as the NBA. We have as much television and promotion. I guess Calipari's connections with WWW, and a lot of $$$ for the kids to spend during the season. Duke I see more clearly, I think players want to play for Coach K, which I get. I am guessing they have $$$ during the season to spend also. We will be finding out about that hopefully in the next year or two, but it is strange how the tip of the iceberg investigation is so quiet now.

In the future though, I can see how CAM is the kind of coach players will want to play for, per Coach K. When you look at this team, it is obvious they have taken on a bit of his persona. This above all is one of the best things I have noticed this season. I am not trying to criticize Crean, but this never happened with his teams. You can see CAM's leadership effect on this team, and how they play, and it is truly a breath of fresh air. They may not make it to the dance this season, but I have enjoyed this team and how it has grown and continues. This is what I was hoping for in his hire, and I really appreciate watching the sum of parts amounting to much more than they should. Portends great things for the future. This will translate really well to recruiting I believe, and his teams will thrive. He will develop players to their maximum, and the one and done will be what they are meant for. That is how you build a team, and I look forward to it in his future recruiting. With Langford, if he comes here, and the class we have coming in is a perfect example. The class is an ensemble of great 4 star talent, who provide a great foundation, and Romeo would be the focus. I believe it would translate to a beautiful blueprint for recruiting in the future.

Below is the article. Would love to hear what everyone thinks about Archie's recruiting mantra, and what he is trying to accomplish looking ahead. Again one of the beautiful parts of having CAM is he actually thinks ahead, to get players who fit together, all different parts who make up a team. Doing what he has done this year with a team that does not fit together well, only shows the endless possibilities.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/kentuckys-john-calipari-dogs-duke-for-its-recruiting-pitch-with-zion-williamson/

58 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but it is about the recruiting about Zion Williamson, and how after Duke got him, Calipari was criticizing the "Duke Slogan" and how they sell their program. Pot calling the kettle black is basically what this is, but within the article, I found it interesting to see what the two different pitches are to their recruits. Ky. is the NBA draft, and how they will make make you more attractive. Duke is we will take care of you for life, regardless of basketball. It started me to think about this season, and how the future and how his coaching influence, and recruiting pitch will unfold for Indiana, and this season has made me truly optimistic for the first time in many years going forward. So going forward:

I looked at this and wonder how CAM is recruiting, and will recruit. I know we are not going to be a team who goes after all one and done's thank goodness. I think one 5 star and really good 4 stars around him who keep developing to keep the program moving and stable moving forward each year is the best way. Regardless, I just don't get the difference. I just don't see the difference that Ky. provides as far as the NBA. We have as much television and promotion. I guess Calipari's connections with WWW, and a lot of $$$ for the kids to spend during the season. Duke I see more clearly, I think players want to play for Coach K, which I get. I am guessing they have $$$ during the season to spend also. We will be finding out about that hopefully in the next year or two, but it is strange how the tip of the iceberg investigation is so quiet now.

In the future though, I can see how CAM is the kind of coach players will want to play for, per Coach K. When you look at this team, it is obvious they have taken on a bit of his persona. This above all is one of the best things I have noticed this season. I am not trying to criticize Crean, but this never happened with his teams. You can see CAM's leadership effect on this team, and how they play, and it is truly a breath of fresh air. They may not make it to the dance this season, but I have enjoyed this team and how it has grown and continues. This is what I was hoping for in his hire, and I really appreciate watching the sum of parts amounting to much more than they should. Portends great things for the future. This will translate really well to recruiting I believe, and his teams will thrive. He will develop players to their maximum, and the one and done will be what they are meant for. That is how you build a team, and I look forward to it in his future recruiting. With Langford, if he comes here, and the class we have coming in is a perfect example. The class is an ensemble of great 4 star talent, who provide a great foundation, and Romeo would be the focus. I believe it would translate to a beautiful blueprint for recruiting in the future.

Below is the article. Would love to hear what everyone thinks about Archie's recruiting mantra, and what he is trying to accomplish looking ahead. Again one of the beautiful parts of having CAM is he actually thinks ahead, to get players who fit together, all different parts who make up a team. Doing what he has done this year with a team that does not fit together well, only shows the endless possibilities.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/kentuckys-john-calipari-dogs-duke-for-its-recruiting-pitch-with-zion-williamson/

I was going to start a thread on this but here will do. I think kids are just catching on to Cal. He doesn't make players better, if anything kids gets worse at KY. How many top ten players that should have been one and done had to stay multi-years because they didn't improve? Selling the I will get you to the NBA to kids who would get there no matter where they went to school is a joke of a pitch and kids are seeing that.

Archived