2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Indykev said:

All three. :) 2, 3 and 4. Watford at the 2, Hurt at the 3 and Brooks could play the 4. Romeo could play the point if he stays 2 years with DeRon at the 5.

Cop out of an answer, but I like the answer anyway.  For me Brooks #1 Instate talent with ties to the staff, Watford 2 strong ties to the program, albeit the former staff, and Hurt 3.  I would not be disappointed if we landed any of them.

So forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, but if the brother of one of the most recognized players in recent history, who happens to be a top 20 recruit wants to follow in his big brothers footsteps and come to IU.....you make room for the kid. I completly understand wanting to lock up the border and repair all the damage CTC did within the state, but ive said it countless times....you dont have to live in Indiana to be an Indiana kid. I dont care if brooks and watford are carbon copies of each other; if CAM cant figure out how to have two 6'6"-6'9" (thats what i dont know) high level players on the floor at the same time....he's not our guy. And i dont think thats the case. 

50 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

So forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, but if the brother of one of the most recognized players in recent history, who happens to be a top 20 recruit wants to follow in his big brothers footsteps and come to IU.....you make room for the kid. I completly understand wanting to lock up the border and repair all the damage CTC did within the state, but ive said it countless times....you dont have to live in Indiana to be an Indiana kid. I dont care if brooks and watford are carbon copies of each other; if CAM cant figure out how to have two 6'6"-6'9" (thats what i dont know) high level players on the floor at the same time....he's not our guy. And i dont think thats the case. 

I agree, ideally I would like to get both.  If i had to choose, I would take Brooks.  Landing top in state talent will have a longer lasting impact on recruiting than landing the son of a former beloved IU player.  I see no reason to not go after all 3 I mentioned with full force and take whoever wants to commit.  If you can not make it work with multiple 5* players about 6'7" you do not deserve to be at IU as you mentioned.

We're starting to see some of that 'Movement' mentality here, where unproven recruits are going to come in and save the day by taking over for experienced players.  I would like to think that some of the sophomores and freshmen we have this season will be able to develop into, solid, proven, experienced players that will not roll over, play dead, and hand over a starting spot to a kid that's currently still a junior in high school.

I think Jackson-Davis in 2019 could be a heck of a get.  If he can grow an inch or two, he could be a force.  His dad is 6'11.

Keep trying on Watford, Wiseman,  Hurt (Ostrum, Race connections) and Isaiah Stewart (Rochester, Bryant connection), but if we can work a class headlined by Jackson-Davis and Keion Brooks, that would be very, very strong.  

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We're starting to see some of that 'Movement' mentality here, where unproven recruits are going to come in and save the day by taking over for experienced players.  I would like to think that some of the sophomores and freshmen we have this season will be able to develop into, solid, proven, experienced players that will not roll over, play dead, and hand over a starting spot to a kid that's currently still a junior in high school.

Thats not what the convo was about. Did you get married again. Seem a little grumpy.

It feels like we are in a great position with Brooks, better position than it seems with Watford. Archie wasn't here for the Watford years, would he hold a legacy to as high a priority without the emotional investment of being a part of CWats time here? 

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

IU not on the list.

I was mildly curious if we were really recruiting him hard.... This certainly answers that.

I'm very interested to see Moses Brown's final list.

From the way I see it, we will fill the last two scholarships with Romeo, and/or Moses Brown or Darius Garland.

If we don't get any of those three, we hold the scholarship(s) for next year.

2 minutes ago, ephul said:

I was mildly curious if we were really recruiting him hard.... This certainly answers that.

I'm very interested to see Moses Brown's final list.

From the way I see it, we will fill the last two scholarships with Romeo, and/or Moses Brown or Darius Garland.

If we don't get any of those three, we hold the scholarship(s) for next year.

Don't forget about Dort.  We made his final 6, I think he'd be a huge get.

Archived