2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Indykev said:

Purdue and Illinois lose. To bad.

Underwood made the Normal West prospect a priority and he whiffed (even with immediate playing time by Black departure). Painter has been recruiting him hard and he missed too. I'm not worried about Illinois for at least another 1-2 years. If they keep missing on guys like this my timeline will be extended.

Regarding Painter and any honest Purdue fan. Given what Archie has done in year 1 recruiting I'd be concerned.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I don't think it is the same player I am asking about . The curtis article was posted June 26 saying curtis will visit next week . According to Rabjohns the player he is referring to was on campus June 28

Rival released their updated top 150 for 2019.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

Our offers are below. Big risers are Carton, Nnaji and Harris. Significant drops from Lecque and Franklin.

James Wiseman - #3

Matthew Hurt - #5

Isaiah Stewart - #6

Trendon Watford - #14

Keion Brooks - #15

Trayce Jackson-Davis - #16

DJ Carton - #17

Jalen Lecque - #18

Kofi Cockburn - #24

Kira Lewis - #28

Zeke Nnaji - #33

Jahmius Ramsey - #36

Anthony Harris - #65

Brandon Newman - #80

Armaan Franklin - #140

247 updated their 2020 rankings. Below are pertinent recruits, with their 247 rank first and their composite ranking in parentheses. Overall, the Indiana recruits fell hard, except for Leal. Jaden Ivey and D'Andre Davis are Indiana recruits that are new to the rankings.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/RecruitRankings

Ethan Morton - #70 (#58)

Zach Loveday - #86 (#82)

Anthony Leal - #94 (#108)

Trey Galloway - #108 (#97)

Tre Coleman - #123 (#129)

Mabor Majak - #143 (#144)

Jaden Ivey - #148 (#150)

D'Andre Davis - #152 (#154)

35 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

247 updated their 2020 rankings. Below are pertinent recruits, with their 247 rank first and their composite ranking in parentheses. Overall, the Indiana recruits fell hard, except for Leal. Jaden Ivey and D'Andre Davis are Indiana recruits that are new to the rankings.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/RecruitRankings

Ethan Morton - #70 (#58)

Zach Loveday - #86 (#82)

Anthony Leal - #94 (#108)

Trey Galloway - #108 (#97)

Tre Coleman - #123 (#129)

Mabor Majak - #143 (#144)

Jaden Ivey - #148 (#150)

D'Andre Davis - #152 (#154)

So it seems like there isn’t much top-flight in-state talent in the class of 2020.

29 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I think the fact the first offer in 2020 was to an out-of-state player speaks to the state's standing within this one, specific age group. 

Ivey, Galloway, Leal, Coleman and Majak will all end up at P6 schools but I truly only believe one of them will have an Indiana offer. 

On paper (a dangerous presupposition), this looks to be a 3-man class at max. And I'm adamant with people I chat with that a big man is an absolute must. Outside of that, Indiana will want to look at a SG and some other wing types. 

I don't think PG will be a huge need in this class but I could see a 3-man crop of SG / Wing / PF-C

Ultimately, Leal and Galloway could be duking it out for the SG spot.  

"PG not a huge need in this class"

so I take that as your thinking we're getting Carton then? 

Just now, 5 championships said:

I know but him being there now hasn't stopped us so I don't know why it would stop us in 2020 unless we bring in yet another guard in 2019 class

If Carton doesn't come, Newman or Franklin will.  Also have Al Durham who played some point as well.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

If Carton doesn't come, Newman or Franklin will.  Also have Al Durham who played some point as well.

Newman isn't playing the 1 for IU if he comes I think of him as off the ball shooter not near as much of a playmaker. Franklin maybe but I'm not sure he is good enough to run the 1 at IU. He might have a role like Newman and yes we have Al but he hasn't stopped us from recruiting Carton this year either so why would he in the 20 class? You could deffinitly be right but I'm just seeing what coachss thoughts were. 

19 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Newman isn't playing the 1 for IU if he comes I think of him as off the ball shooter not near as much of a playmaker. Franklin maybe but I'm not sure he is good enough to run the 1 at IU. He might have a role like Newman and yes we have Al but he hasn't stopped us from recruiting Carton this year either so why would he in the 20 class? You could deffinitly be right but I'm just seeing what coachss thoughts were. 

Fair enough.  I'm curious too for that matter.  I would be pretty surprised if coach though Carton was a slam dunk since everyone else is saying it's a very close 3-school race.

The staff could also feel that with another year in the system, Al & Rob will be plenty capable of running the point without extra assistance.

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Fair enough.  I'm curious too for that matter.  I would be pretty surprised if coach though Carton was a slam dunk since everyone else is saying it's a very close 3-school race.

The staff could also feel that with another year in the system, Al & Rob will be plenty capable of running the point without extra assistance.

Very true 

Archived