Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Indykev

2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

This is more of a general comment about recruiting. We should have a good idea of where things stand with current team if Archie or staff starts watching 2019 kids more. He starts watching recruits tells me we'll have some pretty big turnover after our season is over. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

This is more of a general comment about recruiting. We should have a good idea of where things stand with current team if Archie or staff starts watching 2019 kids more. He starts watching recruits tells me we'll have some pretty big turnover after our season is over. 

I keep waiting to see we have started showing interest in a guy known as a shooter. 

We also have to remember that we could hit the grad transfer market to deal with turnover, so even if we don’t start checking out more 2019 guys that doesn’t mean turnover won’t happen. 

3 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I keep waiting to see we have started showing interest in a guy known as a shooter. 

We also have to remember that we could hit the grad transfer market to deal with turnover, so even if we don’t start checking out more 2019 guys that doesn’t mean turnover won’t happen. 

Archie said in post game press conference last night he thinks he has guys that can shoot now but they just aren't getting good shot, taking bad shots,or not confident.  That outlook may be problematic in recruiting really good shooters going forward.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Cutter said:

Archie said in post game press conference last night he thinks he has guys that can shoot now but they just aren't getting good shot, taking bad shots,or not confident.  That outlook may be problematic in recruiting really good shooters going forward.

Should he have instead stated, “Yea all these current players stink at shooting. We need to recruit some shooters”? Behind closed doors, I would guess he and his staff have identified shooting as a weakness. But nothing good will come out of announcing this at the podium after a post-game conference loss. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Should he have instead stated, “Yea all these current players stink at shooting. We need to recruit some shooters”? Behind closed doors, I would guess he and his staff have identified shooting as a weakness. But nothing good will come out of announcing this at the podium after a post-game conference loss. 

You are guessing ,I am going off his recorded press conference. Thats is all I know and if you are honest with yourself that's all you know too. The rest is speculation 

Edited by Cutter

1 hour ago, DocHoosier said:

I disagree, I think after a freaking 7 game loosing streak he needs to point out all of the problems this team has. I am tired of the sugar coating bulls***, you can like that crap all you want but I am sick of it. Maybe just maybe it would light a fire in some of these kids bellys. Notice I said some because I don't think some care. Or maybe we shouldn't talk about how they can't shoot so they feel good about themselves what bulls***!!! Maybe its ok green was smoking pot and got suspended instead of leading this team as a junior more bulls***

Edited by CauseThatsMyDJ
watch your language
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cutter said:

I disagree, I think after a freaking 7 game loosing streak he needs to point out all of the problems this team has. I am tired of the sugar coating bull

, you can like that crap all you want but I am sick of it. Maybe just maybe it would light a fire in some of these kids bellys. Notice I said some because I don't think some care. Or maybe we shouldn't talk about how they can't shoot so they feel good about themselves what bull!!! Maybe its ok green was smoking pot and got suspended instead of leading this team as a junior more bull.

That's some anger.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2019 at 12:46 PM, Cutter said:

Lol that's honestly how I feel

I don’t doubt Archie shares that sentiment on shooting and so much more. Not only has the offense failed us but the defense intensity and activity has as well. Add that to poor rebounding Archie has to be pretty darn upset. Of course part or what he said is that his team has confidence issues...obviously some fragile players on this team but he can’t call them out on blast. Most coaches know some guys can handle that...some can’t...due to the fact we have almost half a roster of freshman I can see why he feels that way. Let’s hope Archie recognizes the shortcomings of the roster and will address it in his recruiting. I do think we have two of our better shooters on the bench injured in Race and Jerome and I doubt he counted on Green getting suspended. Depending on what happens with the roster in the off season maybe another grad transfer except this time hopefully he gets it right. No way he thought the injuries would hamstring us like this and Fitz would play this poorly.

We discussed earlier in the week. I think Archie is telling us something today. He's watching 6'9  230 lb Versatile Center Tre Mitchell today. 4 star Center in 2019 class. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We discussed earlier in the week. I think Archie is telling us something today. He's watching 6'9  230 lb Versatile Center Tre Mitchell today. 4 star Center in 2019 class. 

I think it’s pretty telling that Archie is the one that’s watching him today too. 

9 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I think it’s pretty telling that Archie is the one that’s watching him today too. 

Yep. Big win last night fly home....and out to Connecticut today? Like you said. Very telling. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

You mean telling us by that you think a big or two will be leaving or that you think Brooks might not come.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You mean telling us by that you think a big or two will be leaving or that you think Brooks might not come.

Brooks seems to still be a lock so I feel the other situation is what we are looking at

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think we'll have 2-3 people leave this year and Archie is wanting to replace those guys with talented size. I'm not worried about Brooks one bit. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Anyone have updates on the “big fish” rumor from about a month ago? I remember it was not in relation to KB. 

Non existent. 95% sure it was Watford and he’s not coming to IU.