2018, 2019, 2020 Recruiting

Indykev

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

If we get Garcia, do we go after one more late?  Maybe go dynamic scoring grad transfer.  Love Al, Rob, and Franklin.  Would love one more dimension of scorer in the back court.   I think next year's squad will make a major leap into top 10.  When you sniff a championship team you do whatever it takes right?

I think if we get Garcia that would put us at 13 so someone would have to leave,  which is possible.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Five would be an awfully big class especially with the targets IU is chasing in 2021. A one year grad transfer yes, but I'd vote no on a late four year player in that class.

I'm with you.  Need an impact player.  Preferably guard.  Not a 4 year guy that struggles to get off the bench as a frosh, which is ok.

All signs point to one more player. If IU lands Garcia that's it for the 2020 class with no grad transfers. If IU doesn't land Garcia then all bets are off. If Garcia comes and someone transfers I think that they will likely keep that scholarship open unless they want a grad transfer. 

37 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Archie did recruit Kostas Antetokounmpo at Dayton. 

The PF/C recruit pool is pretty slim for 2020 at this point. That said Antetokounpo is the type of lower rated guy I would consider taking a flyer on for two reasons. He has some high upside and his name recognition could help with recruiting other players in the future. Plus having Giannis show up to some games wouldn't hurt either. 

4 hours ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Since we got stuck in the friendzone by Dawson, wondering what’s out there and where the staff goes from this point.

I hope IU doesn't go down the road of filling a scholarship with and end if the bench kid, and I don't think Archie will. A good grad transfer or leave it open. IU is playing with 11 this year. As things stand, they'll be playing with at least 12 next year.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I hope IU doesn't go down the road of filling a scholarship with and end if the bench kid, and I don't think Archie will. A good grad transfer or leave it open. IU is playing with 11 this year. As things stand, they'll be playing with at least 12 next year.

A grad transfer makes the most sense, with the 2021 class having some really good big man options. I think Archie will go that route.

Green and Davis graduate.  The 3 freshman aren't really immediate impact guys, not to say a few of them won't carve some minutes out for themselves.  Rob, Al, and Franklin are a nice core but there is little depth there again.  Brunk, TJD, Smith , and Race again a nice core but if Brunk goes down we are playing smallish again.  Would like to see a back up big next to Brunk or another guard that can shoot.  Bigs are hard to come by.  Evidently so are shooters.  

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Green and Davis graduate.  The 3 freshman aren't really immediate impact guys, not to say a few of them won't carve some minutes out for themselves.  Rob, Al, and Franklin are a nice core but there is little depth there again.  Brunk, TJD, Smith , and Race again a nice core but if Brunk goes down we are playing smallish again.  Would like to see a back up big next to Brunk or another guard that can shoot.  Bigs are hard to come by.  Evidently so are shooters.  

You forgot one very important player in Hunter for next year

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You forgot one very important player in Hunter for next year

I didnt forget Hunter or Demezi.  I didn't mention them because we have those 2 plus Smith getting some wing minutes plus Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo can all play at wing/3.  It's just not an area of need, concern, or lack of depth in my opinion so I didn't mention it.  

• 4 weeks later...

Archived