26 minutes ago, BGleas said:

So because Kansas is better than Purdue Painter is supposed to go outside of what every other coach does and hold tryouts to field players better than his team? Bill Self did not take the 12 best college players, he took his team and threw Larry Brown a solid because he has an opening. Should we criticize Bill Self for not trying to get the best player in the country that year to fill his open spot?

I get it, we all hate Purdue. I can't stand Purdue. But this is kind of ridiculous. 

I don't really care about precedent, if you're going to rep the USA then win. If you don't win and didn't give yourself the best chance why wouldn't you be open to criticism? Kansas won, Purdue didn't. 

Purdue has embarrassed us on an international stage. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You hit the nail on the head here. KOB just doesn't get it for some reason. 

Actually I get it just fine. Matt Painter's selfishness led to an international embarrassment, it's pretty straight forward. 

I, like HTD, just want what is best for America. It makes me sad that you're so blinded by you're love of Porky the Pig that you defend his treasonous actions on an IU board. For shame. 

15 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't really care about precedent, if you're going to rep the USA then win. If you don't win and didn't give yourself the best chance why wouldn't you be open to criticism? Kansas won, Purdue didn't. 

Purdue has embarrassed us on an international stage. 

Embarrassment is a pretty big exaggeration. 

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Actually I get it just fine. Matt Painter's selfishness led to an international embarrassment, it's pretty straight forward. 

I, like HTD, just want what is best for America. It makes me sad that you're so blinded by you're love of Porky the Pig that you defend his treasonous actions on an IU board. For shame. 

I don't love Painter actually. I think he's a decent coach who leaves a lot to be desired in recruiting.

25 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I haven't see much from HTD about what is best for America. He seems pretty excited that we lost?!?!

The USA has won gold twice since the year 2000. The games are not played every year but to say that Purdue embarrassed the nation is a joke. It would be an embarrassment if the usa was dominant in the event and just choked this one away. In 2013 team USA came in 9th and was an all star team that included one yogi Ferrell. 2013, 2011, 2007 and 2003 they didn't even make the medal rounds. 

The usa had a dominant run in the 1990's but this event has been far from locked up since then. The real question is how would IU have preformed in this event? Also for the pork chop haters he does own a winning record against IU, so what does that say about IU?

52 minutes ago, Riverrat said:

The USA has won gold twice since the year 2000. The games are not played every year but to say that Purdue embarrassed the nation is a joke. It would be an embarrassment if the usa was dominant in the event and just choked this one away. In 2013 team USA came in 9th and was an all star team that included one yogi Ferrell. 2013, 2011, 2007 and 2003 they didn't even make the medal rounds. 

The usa had a dominant run in the 1990's but this event has been far from locked up since then. The real question is how would IU have preformed in this event? Also for the pork chop haters he does own a winning record against IU, so what does that say about IU?

Excellent post! It was far from a sure thing that we'd medal let alone win gold. 

5 hours ago, rico said:

I would also like to point out that the "loaded" Kansas team snuck by Serbia with a 1 point victory 2 years ago.

But they won.  Purdue lost and embarrassed the country. Sad that the Boilers cannot accept that they are a national embarrassment. 

Boiler are you getting dizzy from all that spinning? 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

But they won.  Purdue lost and embarrassed the country. Sad that the Boilers cannot accept that they are a national embarrassment. 

Boiler are you getting dizzy from all that spinning? 

I'm guessing you're just trolling at this point. If so, not sure why. In no way, shape, or form was getting silver an embarrassment. Boiler Up

23 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I'm guessing you're just trolling at this point. If so, not sure why. In no way, shape, or form was getting silver an embarrassment. Boiler Up

Probably because you came to an IU board and got hostile with a harmless old man. If we have to laugh his stuff off then you need to, too. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Probably because you came to an IU board and got hostile with a harmless old man. If we have to laugh his stuff off then you need to, too. 

I'm with KOB on this one.  This is, in fact, an IU board.  It's a natural place to make fun of Purdue, just as a Purdue board would be a natural place to make fun of IU.  If, as a poster, someone would get offended when Purdue is laughed about, simply don't participate in that thread.  It just isn't right to criticize someone for having a little fun at Purdue's expense on an IU board.    

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm with KOB on this one.  This is, in fact, an IU board.  It's a natural place to make fun of Purdue, just as a Purdue board would be a natural place to make fun of IU.  If, as a poster, someone would get offended when Purdue is laughed about, simply don't participate in that thread.  It just isn't right to criticize someone for having a little fun at Purdue's expense on an IU board.    

ditto

I am Sorry that the United States of America  chose to send a stinking school like Pee yew who has never ever won an NCAA Tournament Championship to represent these United States Of America !! I fully expected them [ Purdue -just like they do in our own Mens NCAA TOURNAMENTS] to LOSE and THEY DID LOSE !1 The biggest embarassment [TO ME ] was the selection of those turkies to represent OUR GREAT COUNTRY in competition against the rest of the world !!  To me-that was just plain ridiculous  !!!!!!!!

On 9/8/2017 at 3:31 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

I am Sorry that the United States of America  chose to send a stinking school like Pee yew who has never ever won an NCAA Tournament Championship to represent these United States Of America !! I fully expected them [ Purdue -just like they do in our own Mens NCAA TOURNAMENTS] to LOSE and THEY DID LOSE !1 The biggest embarassment [TO ME ] was the selection of those turkies to represent OUR GREAT COUNTRY in competition against the rest of the world !!  To me-that was just plain ridiculous  !!!!!!!!

Let me ask you this mister Pee Yew........How do you think the Hoosiers would have fared over there?

On 9/8/2017 at 3:31 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

Obsessed still? Why else would you keep bringing it up? 

Archived