• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REPLY :; and wasn't pee yew supposed to be representing the United States Of America ? Whoever made the decision to have pee yew represent the USA MADE a Silly mistake , in my honest opinion !! Why pick any American College team that  HAS NEVER WON A MEN'S NCAA TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP  to represent the USA !! Whom ever was behind that decision now HAS EGG ON HIS , HERS OR THEIR FACES !! LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO !!

Lithuania had a total population of 2,847, 904 people at the end of 2016 !1 The United States of America has a population of 326, 865, 743 also at the end of 2016 !1 I'd say Pork Butt has a MUCH LARGER POPULATION BASE to recruit players from than  the coach In Lithuania has to choose from !! Wouldn't you ?? I doubt seriously if any pee yew fan would have the guts to admit this FACT !!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Lithuania had a total population of 2,847, 904 people at the end of 2016 !1 The United States of America has a population of 326, 865, 743 also at the end of 2016 !1 I'd say Pork Butt has a MUCH LARGER POPULATION BASE to recruit players from than  the coach In Lithuania has to choose from !! Wouldn't you ?? I doubt seriously if any pee yew fan would have the guts to admit this FACT !!!!!!!!!

Obviously Painter is going to take his own team lol. At the end of the day, it's great experience for his team moving forward. What good would it do if Painter took guys from Duke, UK, UNC, etc? How would that help Purdue? Here's a hint: it wouldn't. This tournament was all about extra practice time and games for a team prior to the actual season starting. Is it really that hard for you to understand? Seems that way. 

21 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Yet - the pee yew smellermaker LOST the GOLD MEDAL game by ELEVEN POINTS 

with that[Alleged]  All-American , Carsen Edwards playing for them !1 LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO !! 

Who said Carsen Edwards was an All-American? Now you're just making stuff up. I think he's really good and can make an All-B1G team but he's not an All-American. You do realize that Lithuania had guys playing that were 23/24 years old right?

1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Yet - the pee yew smellermaker LOST the GOLD MEDAL game by ELEVEN POINTS 

with that[Alleged]  All-American , Carsen Edwards playing for them !1 LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO !! 

I get the feeling you are baiting.  Glad you find it funny, but I sure as hell don't.  

19 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I was pulling for Team USA in that tournament. Sorry to see we didn't win it. 

The key word there is "we".  "We" sent a team over there to represent this country.  It happened to be Purdue.  I am cool with that.  Wishing ill will on them not bringing home the gold is not a good thing in my book as HTD did.  I said my peace...........and proud of you Boilers.  Thank you for representing our country well.

36 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I was pulling for Team USA in that tournament. Sorry to see we didn't win it. 

I am with you on this one, my friend.  Remembering back when I served in the Viet Nam War.  Many of my fellow soldiers came from all walks of life.  However, when we came together as fellow combatants, we were all on the same team.

Same with this.  PU represented the USA.  (Sorry, HTD, but this is an exemption ).

I still haven't forgotten about the USA's first basketball loss in the Olympics to Russia.   Controversial as it was..... it was still a LOSS.  

Olympics-After 40 years, first US basketball loss still stings

No matter who is on  team USA.   It should always be.... team USA.

8 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Obviously Painter is going to take his own team lol. At the end of the day, it's great experience for his team moving forward. What good would it do if Painter took guys from Duke, UK, UNC, etc? How would that help Purdue? Here's a hint: it wouldn't. This tournament was all about extra practice time and games for a team prior to the actual season starting. Is it really that hard for you to understand? Seems that way. 

I don't know that Painter had a choice in taking non-Purdue players, but if he did and chose not to I actually find that to be deplorable.  Don't take a responsibility to rep team USA then take anything but the best available.  

I'm fairly certain taking guys from other schools was not an option, but I'm not a fan of you advocating Painter putting self-interest above country when he takes a gig to rep the country.  

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't know that Painter had a choice in taking non-Purdue players, but if he did and chose not to I actually find that to be deplorable.  Don't take a responsibility to rep team USA then take anything but the best available.  

I'm fairly certain taking guys from other schools was not an option, but I'm not a fan of you advocating Painter putting self-interest above country when he takes a gig to rep the country.  

When Kansas played in this tournament I think they had one or two players from other teams.

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When Kansas played in this tournament I think they had one or two players from other teams.

Yes, I believe they brought that point guard from Indiana that went to SMU? Could be wrong, but I think that's who went with them. I think it was because Kansas had a couple players that couldn't make the trip for whatever reason.  

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Yes, I believe they brought that point guard from Indiana that went to SMU? Could be wrong, but I think that's who went with them. I think it was because Kansas had a couple players that couldn't make the trip for whatever reason.  

Yes, you are right.  They took Nic Moore from SMU and another guy.

24 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

If that's the case the Painter put Purdue above what was best for the country, right?

So you're telling me if you were the coach, you'd bring guys from random teams even though that might mean some of your own players (mainly freshmen and juco guys that are new to the program) wouldn't get to play? And get all of that extra practice and game experience? You don't actually believe that do you? 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

If that's the case the Painter put Purdue above what was best for the country, right?

Bill Self took his Kansas team on that trip. He happened to have an opening for a spot, and from my understanding took Moore due to his relationship with Larry Brown who was coaching SMU at the time. It's not like Self went out to find the best players in the country. He took his team, just like Painter did. 

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Bill Self took his Kansas team on that trip. He happened to have an opening for a spot, and from my understanding took Moore due to his relationship with Larry Brown who was coaching SMU at the time. It's not like Self went out to find the best players in the country. He took his team, just like Painter did. 

Exactly. Not sure why this is difficult to understand haha. 

28 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Bill Self took a loaded Kansas team, it isn't apples to apples. Did Kansas win it all? 

Didn't Purdue have a few international players who couldn't play?

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

So you're telling me if you were the coach, you'd bring guys from random teams even though that might mean some of your own players (mainly freshmen and juco guys that are new to the program) wouldn't get to play? And get all of that extra practice and game experience? You don't actually believe that do you? 

Do you think Grayson Allen should be on Team USA in the next Olympics?

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Bill Self took a loaded Kansas team, it isn't apples to apples. Did Kansas win it all? 

So because Kansas is better than Purdue Painter is supposed to go outside of what every other coach does and hold tryouts to field players better than his team? Bill Self did not take the 12 best college players, he took his team and threw Larry Brown a solid because he has an opening. Should we criticize Bill Self for not trying to get the best player in the country that year to fill his open spot?

I get it, we all hate Purdue. I can't stand Purdue. But this is kind of ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It's absolutely apples to apppes. Not sure why you're not getting this. Purdue had one guy who wasn't eligible because he's from the Netherlands and doesn't have U.S. citizenship. 

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

So because Kansas is better than Purdue Painter is supposed to go outside of what every other coach does and hold tryouts to field players better than his team? Bill Self did not take the 12 best college players, he took his team and threw Larry Brown a solid because he has an opening. Should we criticize Bill Self for not trying to get the best player in the country that year to fill his open spot?

I get it, we all hate Purdue. I can't stand Purdue. But this is kind of ridiculous. 

You hit the nail on the head here. KOB just doesn't get it for some reason. 

Archived