2021 Mock Draft

5fouls

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I love seeing so much optimism for this kid.  Not only does it speak to his character and development, it's also a huge feather in Archie's cap if Trayce plays his way into the lottery this year.  I am really looking forward to basketball season and yes, I'm confident it happens.  The longer this pandemic goes, the weaker it looks.  Contagious, yes, but it's not killing people like it was.

Play on, I say!

So did TJD show off an outside game somewhere and I missed it?   Like the highest I have seen him was low 40's.  How do you make a jump like that without playing games?  

I would love to see him go that high.  If he does then we most likely had a really good year.   Just question the huge disparity in rankings.

Go Hoosiers!!!

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Seems high to me but he's definitely gone and I'll be happy to have him for 2 years.  I think Lander is gone too.  I wonder how many of these mock draft analysts are even aware that he's eligible for next year's draft.

I'm sure they'll both play their way into the first round and we'll still find a way to lose 12 games. 

5 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Seems high to me but he's definitely gone and I'll be happy to have him for 2 years.  I think Lander is gone too.  I wonder how many of these mock draft analysts are even aware that he's eligible for next year's draft.

I would assume the default assumption for someone that doesn't know for sure is that any kid will be eligible after his freshman year: the vast majority are. Based on ranking, it seems unlikely that lander is a first round pick next year. Most one and dones are ranked higher than him. I would guess, though I haven't looked it up, that pgs in particular have a hard time getting to the nba early if their ranking isn't quite there. 

On 9/15/2020 at 10:57 AM, dbmhoosier said:

Isn’t Lander still going to be too young for next years draft? Thought we are giants tees Lander for 2 years. 

Just now, Feathery said:

Yeah, after the draft right? So he won’t be old enough to be a one and done. Or is there a later date that he has to be 19 by to qualify? I was thinking it was 19 by the draft which is in June. 

He can leave after this year because he will be 19 in the year of the draft.

3 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Pokusevski is in this year's draft and he will turn 19 on December 1.  So I think 19 in the year of the draft is the correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksej_Pokuševski

Yes, they just need to turn 19 (or be older) in the calendar year in which the draft is held. So even if his birthday was December 31st he'd be eligible. 

Archived