Ruth Bader Ginsburg Passes Away

IUFLA

It's historic.  Certain individuals go down in history. Like Robert Fulton and so many others..... made a mark on American history. Ruth moved from a modest beginning to highest court in the nation. And did it on her own, as I  learned tonight that Ruth's mother passed from cancer when Ruth was in high school.  Cancer sucks.

Thanks to IUFLA for starting this thread.

"I tell law students… if you are going to be a lawyer and just practice your profession, you have a skill—very much like a plumber. But if you want to be a true professional, you will do something outside yourself… something that makes life a little better for people less fortunate than you."
- The Mercury News, February 6, 2017

2 hours ago, Coach1K said:

"I tell law students… if you are going to be a lawyer and just practice your profession, you have a skill—very much like a plumber. But if you want to be a true professional, you will do something outside yourself… something that makes life a little better for people less fortunate than you."

Amen!

On 9/18/2020 at 7:47 PM, 5fouls said:

One of the most influential women in U.S. history. 

RIP.

Yes, she really was. First in class, Columbia Law School, couldn’t even get a law firm job in NY out of law school, because that’s how it was. She became one of the most influential women and more particularly Supreme Court justices. RIP

12 hours ago, Coach1K said:

How funny, I often tell my clients and friends that, as a lawyer, I’m a lot like a plumber.

You don’t want to call a plumber. But when you do, well, it’s because you need a plumber... same with lawyers, lol. 

Never knew she used the same analogy 

On 9/19/2020 at 10:31 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yes, she really was. First in class, Columbia Law School, couldn’t even get a law firm job in NY out of law school, because that’s how it was. She became one of the most influential women and more particularly Supreme Court justices. RIP

Well, you know women are too emotional. And who knows, she might go have a baby.  Plus, her husband has a good job.  

It is amazing how recent this BS was.  The after shocks from that era aren’t over yet.  

She has a legacy for things like equal rights and equal pay for women. That’s hardly controversial. It seems obvious today because of people like her but in the not so distant past it wasn’t.  

Archived