KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

There is a historic marker just off 65 in Henryville for the colonel. 

Zaxbys hasn’t been mentioned and is one of my favorites. They have a great selection of sauces. 

Some people have mentioned local places so I’ll throw out one. The Chicken House is in southern Indiana around New Albany and is very good. 

Originally I was a KFC guy growing up. Something has changed with them over the years and honestly can't remember the last time I was there. Church's and Popeyes are both good. I don't eat fried chicken much anymore even though it's probably my favorite food but fried chicken fans in Indy. Doesn't get any better than Hollyhock. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

They have a lot of them around the Houston area...

I've had them, but there's a reason I didn't bring them up...Not that good...

Have to agree with you. I had Raisin Cane's once. Out of curiosity. That was enough for me.  However, I understand that there are a lot of people like it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rico said:

Penguin Point has chicken.

Have been to Penguin Point.  But it has been so many years back.... I can't remember what I ordered.  All I remember is that it was good enough to go back again several times.

As for your link on Lee's.  Thankyou.  Checking their website.... looks to be primarily a Midwest franchise.  None in Colorado.

28 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Have been to Penguin Point.  But it has been so many years back.... I can't remember what I ordered.  All I remember is that it was good enough to go back again several times.

As for your link on Lee's.  Thankyou.  Checking their website.... looks to be primarily a Midwest franchise.  None in Colorado.

The bad thing about Lee's, for me, is I have to go out of my way to get to one.  Yes, I get to the Fort quite often, but there isn't one in my normal venue.

I would also add that Richards Restaurants have good chicken in my area.  But it is also a "regional based" chain.

http://www.richardsrestaurants.com/

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

If any of you have a Peruvian chicken place close to you.  I suggest you try it.

There is one within minutes of the mile house.  Their chicken is fantastic.

Pollo Lima - Open-Flamed Roasted Chicken | Pollo Lima - Open-Flamed Roasted Chicken

The food looks delicious...

They opened a Pollo Tropical down the road in Kingwood that had similar food...it didn't last 6 months. The building is still empty...

We ate there a couple of times, and the food was good...but these Texans are a choosy bunch...unless it's Mexican or BBQ, they have little interest...

Edited by IUFLA

23 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

White or dark meat?  I'll take dark meat. 

And if you are interested 

Difference between white and dark

White for me.

And for you dog owners out there.  Chicken is ok to feed your dogs.  But, word of caution. No bones. And.  Do not feed chicken skin to your dog.... especially if it is a small dog.  We have a relative that had a small dog that died from eating chicken skin. 

Can Dogs Eat Chicken Skin?  Safe?

Edited by milehiiu

18 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Didnt know that about dogs and chicken skin. They dont have a chance anyway because its mine. 

I like to get rotisserie chickens, peel the skin off and put it under the broiler. I call them chicken chips. 

Love the skin as well. The crispier.....the better.

24 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Didnt know that about dogs and chicken skin. They dont have a chance anyway because its mine. 

I like to get rotisserie chickens, peel the skin off and put it under the broiler. I call them chicken chips. 

Oh by the way. Left over rotisserie chicken makes for a great tasting chicken noodle soup.  I don't use garlic. Like in the video.  Just carrots, celery and parsley in mine.

Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup Made From Leftovers 

33 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

White or dark meat?  I'll take dark meat. 

And if you are interested 

Difference between white and dark

Come turkey time, My ex’s Grandpa (loved that man) and I would battle over the dark meat and the others that nobody else wanted! Out of respect I always let him have the neck bone. 
In case you don’t know, the neck bone meat is awesome’

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Come turkey time, My ex’s Grandpa (loved that man) and I would battle over the dark meat and the others that nobody else wanted! Out of respect I always let him have the neck bone. 

Fresh turkey at Thanksgiving.  My son has dibs on one of the the legs every year.  He loves turkey legs.

Another by the way.  Leftover Thanksgiving turkey makes for a great turkey soup. Don't throw any of the bones away. 

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Fresh turkey at Thanksgiving.  My son has dibs on one of the the legs every year.  He loves turkey legs.

Another by the way.  Leftover Thanksgiving turkey makes for a great turkey soup. Don't throw any of the bones away. 

Started keeping the bones and scraps from vegetables to make bone broth a couple years ago.  Good for gut health and a warm cup of broth on a cold day hits the spot. 

19 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Never had the neck. Guess I should give it a try this year. 

• Like 1