KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

• 2 months later...

Just had to come back and pick this up again.  We had to make a trip to southside Indy (no Popeyes in B'ton).  I had my 2nd spicy chicken sandwich and it is still pretty solid.  Had to pick-up a bucket of spicy chicken for later on.  But, i had forgotten to mention our favorite thing to grab at Popeyes are the 'naked strips'.  Some locations call them 'blacken strips'.  They are tasty!  You have to ask as I do not usually see them on the menu, but they are good.

No Indy Popeyes' location has gizzards; another of our favorite things, if you like them.  I believe Popeyes par-boils them, breads them and then they hit the deep-fryer.  This makes them tender and very tasty as well.  These are also by request only and you have to ask for them as I do not usually see them on the menu  The Omaha, NE locations always had them available.

Both of these items, since they are by request, take a few extra minutes to fix.  Hey, that just makes them freshly prepared.

Another chain serving fried (and grilled) chicken we've found we like here in B'ton is Joella's Hot Chicken.  Their sandwiches and the chicken with waffles are pretty solid.  They have a good line of sauces and some good sides.  The greens are the best in B'ton, great taste and texture (Southern Stone's are 2nd).  https://joellas.com/

Hope you all had a great (and safe) Thanksgiving as we start the Holiday Season.  Blessings and best to all of the HSN family.

Go Hoosiers! 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

We've got 2 local chicken places here in SC that are beyond excellent. "Little Howies" does home made fried chicken, mashed taters and gravy, plus tenders, etc. Always piping hot and great tasting.

2nd outfit is "The Wing Place". Have about 6 different sauces they cook them in, and every order is made custom, including the fries. So they're nice and hot.

We frequent both.

• 1 month later...

Tell you what. If I ever end up on death row I know fried chicken will be my last meal. Our house loves, loves fried chicken....but because of health we all only eat it about 10x a year. Usually it's Hollyhock in Indy....but you guys keep posting about fried chicken and I feel like Pookie in New Jack City. It keeps calling me man...

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
54 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Just saw Bloomington is getting a Raisin Canes. I've heard their sauce is pretty good. 

It's ok, but it pisses my wife off when they charge her $.39 per if she asks for additional sauce...the tenders are good...

Slim Chickens is better (and as of now, I know there are none in Indiana)...