SIAP: B10 schedules rated easiest to hardest.....

eddy4iu

I've come to expect us to have one of the most difficult conference schedules every year.  Part of that is because we aren't one of the top teams, so we always have to play the best 3 teams in the east.  OSU is the best team, so they only have to play the 2nd and 3rd best teams, so their schedule will always look easier.  Then throw in the B1G trying to get them to the CFP, and their schedule this year is extremely easy.

The only reason our conference schedule last year wasn't really difficult was because the 3 West teams we played underachieved.  We're the only team this year to play OSU, Michigan, PSU, and Wisconsin.

5 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I've come to expect us to have one of the most difficult conference schedules every year.  Part of that is because we aren't one of the top teams, so we always have to play the best 3 teams in the east.  OSU is the best team, so they only have to play the 2nd and 3rd best teams, so their schedule will always look easier.  Then throw in the B1G trying to get them to the CFP, and their schedule this year is extremely easy.

The only reason our conference schedule last year wasn't really difficult was because the 3 West teams we played underachieved.  We're the only team this year to play OSU, Michigan, PSU, and Wisconsin.

Reminds me of a few years ago when our basketball team won a Big Ten title and people tried to downplay it by saying our schedule was easy. Well yeah, the best team doesn't have to play itself. 

Archived