State of Emergency in Louisville

5fouls

If I'm understanding correctly, the three Wanton Endangerment charges are not specifically related to what happened in the home Taylor and her boyfriend were.  The charges were brought against the officer for firing shots that went into a neighboring residence where 3 other people were home (two adults and a child).  In other words, one Wanton Endangerment charge for each of those individuals.  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Reacher said:

I'll add that the large majority of police are good and do things the right way. A few are power hungry types and there will always be a few bad apples (in any profession).

I've witnessed police "fishing" before. Minorities get pulled over partly because there are more violence in some minority areas. Another group that gets targeted are teenagers. My son has been pulled over 5 times or so in the past year because he worked late and drove a truck that, well, looked like a teenagers truck. These were all "fishing" attempts as he was never given a warning or a ticket.  It was very common 30 years ago during the age of SADD and MADD that police would pull over teens driving late at night looking for dui arrests.

As for the Louisville incident, 20 shots may seem like a lot until you consider there were multiple officers shooting and it lasted only a few seconds. They were doing what they were trained to do which is likely why you saw the result that came out today. 

I used to work at 5am and all the time was getting pulled over in Bedford at 330am.  The most obvious fishing expedition was so irritating its almost funny.  Cop was coming in the opposite direction, did a u-turn and flipped on his lights a good 60+ yards behind me.  When he asked if I knew why he pulled me over I said no, he says because my registration was expired.  I say, oh you could see that at night going the opposite direction, I have 2 weeks left so look again.  Then he says, well your license plate light is out, and I say yeah I've heard that one before too.  So he runs my license and comes back and asks if I have any guns in the car.  So I got pissed and said look dude, I'm on my way to work, give me my stuff back so you don't make me late and took off.

17 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I would like to see the bodycam footage before entry and a ballistics report. Seems they conveniently left out the part right before entry, you know, when they usually announce themselves.

But I would totally agree with, end no knock warrants. I have been on the receiving end of and officer kicking on my door unannounced at 130am on a friday night.  Want the story, peruse the gun enthusiast thread. 

Kentucky AG said evidence pointed to the fact they did announce themselves and that was corroborated by a witness. Apparently not a "no knock" warrant.

17 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Kentucky AG said evidence pointed to the fact they did announce themselves and that was corroborated by a witness. Apparently not a "no knock" warrant.

The counterargument I heard was that multiple other people say they did not hear the police announce themselves.  Those that are unhappy with the lack of charges believe that the AG chose the version he wanted to believe.  

Looks like its going to be a long night. Hope lives and property are spared. Worry about those trying to defend their livelihood.  I'd like to know who paid for the uhaul and riot gear that was being passed out to the protesters. Someone needs to be held accountable. Answer in here-  https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-anarchists-unpack-u-haul-truck-filled-with-riot-gear-in-louisville-after-breonna-taylor-verdict

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The counterargument I heard was that multiple other people say they did not hear the police announce themselves.  Those that are unhappy with the lack of charges believe that the AG chose the version he wanted to believe.  

The problem with this argument is that just because I didn't hear it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.  People were asleep, I sleep through thunderstorms all the time, doesn't mean they didn't happen.

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Looks like its going to be a long night. Hope lives and property are spared. Worry about those trying to defend their livelihood.  I'd like to know who paid for the uhaul and riot gear that was being passed out to the protesters. Someone needs to be held accountable. Answer in here-  https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-anarchists-unpack-u-haul-truck-filled-with-riot-gear-in-louisville-after-breonna-taylor-verdict

That seems significantly less like "riot gear" than this:

Time for German shepherds and firehoses.

I just need to vent for a minute but I'm sick of this crap. It's been going on for 3-4 months now?  These people act like this because they haven't faced consequences for their actions in their life. 

Time for some negative reinforcement.  Bust some heads and breaks some knees. Beat the snot out of some these people. 

And this is me being nice about it. 

Rant/

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I hope I'm saying President Cameron one day.  

"The decision before my office as the special prosecutor, in this case, was not to decide if the loss of Ms. Taylor's life was a tragedy. The answer to that is unequivocally, 'yes,'" Cameron said. "I understand that Breonna Taylor's death is part of a national story, but the facts and evidence in this case are different than others...

“If we simply act on emotion or outrage, there is no justice," Cameron said. "Mob justice is not justice. Justice sought by violence is not justice. It just becomes revenge."

Very sage words...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

"The decision before my office as the special prosecutor, in this case, was not to decide if the loss of Ms. Taylor's life was a tragedy. The answer to that is unequivocally, 'yes,'" Cameron said. "I understand that Breonna Taylor's death is part of a national story, but the facts and evidence in this case are different than others...

“If we simply act on emotion or outrage, there is no justice," Cameron said. "Mob justice is not justice. Justice sought by violence is not justice. It just becomes revenge."

Very sage words...

Loved it

I was up for a few hours last night. Was reading some news trying to fall asleep and found this report. https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/63943132/breonna-taylor-summary-redacted1

It's a report on months of surveillance of Breona Taylor, her drug gang associations, the night of the arrest where multiple times its said police banged loudly on the door and more. Lengthy, but worth at least skimming through. Sickens me that her family got $12M. I dare anyone to read that and tell me what the police did wrong. 

42 minutes ago, rico said:

Let's see how the media deals with this.

I thought the charges were interesting...

"He's been identified as Larynzo Johnson. He's charged with 14 counts of wanton endangerment on police officer and two counts of assault on police officer."

Not attempted murder or anything like that...

And not to be cheeky, but I honestly think this is whole matter is the first time I've ever seen the word "wanton" used in a sentence without it being preceded by "fried" or followed by "lust" or "soup." 

Just now, IUFLA said:

I thought the charges were interesting...

"He's been identified as Larynzo Johnson. He's charged with 14 counts of wanton endangerment on police officer and two counts of assault on police officer."

Not attempted murder or anything like that...

And not to be cheeky, but I honestly think this is whole matter is the first time I've ever seen the word "wanton" used without it being preceded by "fried" or followed by "lust" or "soup." 

I have seen hunters and fishermen get charged with wanton waste.

Archived