Purdue had 13 athletes suspended

IU Scott

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well you have to ask these athetes do you want to play your sport this year or do you want to go to a party.  What is more important to you and if you are under scholarship it better be your sport.

It's ridiculous even to ask.  A scholarship to play a game ?  Or to party during a pandemic ?

Really makes me wonder about how their parents raised them.

22 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It's ridiculous even to ask.  A scholarship to play a game ?  Or to party during a pandemic ?

Really makes me wonder about how their parents raised them.

I aways go with what I saw on the the 1981 Big ten elite show about the 81 Hoosiers.  IT would tell Landon turner that he needs to decide wha the wanted to be a a player or do you want to be a regular student.  He said you can't do both and that he needs to stop all of his partying.

They are kids.  Kids are social.  Kids are horny.  Kids are stupid.  Like anyone expected very popular and social beings to stay away from each other day after day and not go have fun.  I get they are setting an example but kids are going to be kids even if the world was burning, they would be partying, because its what college kids do.

10 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

They are kids.  Kids are social.  Kids are horny.  Kids are stupid.  Like anyone expected very popular and social beings to stay away from each other day after day and not go have fun.  I get they are setting an example but kids are going to be kids even if the world was burning, they would be partying, because its what college kids do.

Well this is not normal times aso they should be able to contro; themselves.  It just shows me what their top priorites are and that is partying is more important than their scholarship.  If these kids are on scholarship I would take it away right now and bring in people who cares about their scholarship.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Well done.  Congrats.  I still can't figure out how to post a video from You Tube, with it showing, as most of you people do.  I just make it a link. 

I've been posting images for years, but I was trying to post this one image related to Purdue and it would not post.  It would be in my post until I hit submit, and then disappear.  I guess there are image controls in place now.  

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well done.  Congrats.  I still can't figure out how to post a video from You Tube, with it showing, as most of you people do.  I just make it a link. 

If you copy the video url and paste it in the main reply box and hit enter it will automatically embed the video. Took my forever to figure it out. 

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If you copy the video url and paste it in the main reply box and hit enter it will automatically embed the video. Took my forever to figure it out. 

Thankyou.   I will try that.  May take this old man a while to get it right.  But appreciate your input. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Well this is not normal times aso they should be able to contro; themselves.  It just shows me what their top priorites are and that is partying is more important than their scholarship.  If these kids are on scholarship I would take it away right now and bring in people who cares about their scholarship.

Meh, you must have had a boring college experience.  It doesn't matter about this virus.  To them its nothing new or dangerous.  They are being kids.  I am sure I would be doing the same thing if I was 20 and in college again.  You harp on kids about staying at school and experiencing all that college has to offer for 4 years and then berate them for doing just that.  They are not adults with a fully formed brain yet.  They are driven by few things.  Food, Sex and Sex.  Its what they do

18 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Meh, you must have had a boring college experience.  It doesn't matter about this virus.  To them its nothing new or dangerous.  They are being kids.  I am sure I would be doing the same thing if I was 20 and in college again.  You harp on kids about staying at school and experiencing all that college has to offer for 4 years and then berate them for doing just that.  They are not adults with a fully formed brain yet.  They are driven by few things.  Food, Sex and Sex.  Its what they do

I habe always say enjoy playing college basketball and not going out and partying.  Like I said until Landon Turner realized that playing basketball was more important than partying he was not a very good player.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I habe always say enjoy playing college basketball and not going out and partying.  Like I said until Landon Turner realized that playing basketball was more important than partying he was not a very good player.

In that case, what makes playing college basketball more enjoyable than getting paid to play basketball in your mind? Going to classes and having to do homework in your time away from the court?

28 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

In that case, what makes playing college basketball more enjoyable than getting paid to play basketball in your mind? Going to classes and having to do homework in your time away from the court?

For me it just looks a lot more fun playing college basketball than it does in the NBA.  Also I would rather play in meaniful games instead of either sitting the bench or playing in the G-league.  What I am talking about is not going out and partying during the season and risking hurting your team if you make a mistake.  In the off season go out and have a good time.  Also we are in a different time where you have been told what to do and they still did not listen.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I've been posting images for years, but I was trying to post this one image related to Purdue and it would not post.  It would be in my post until I hit submit, and then disappear.  I guess there are image controls in place now.  

I can still post my Turdue cheerleader pic...

Cow_with_Bra.jpg.gallery.jpg.00e257113413052ca9cd5c72a96738a0.jpg

Archived