The "Family" page

rico

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Ayden got his 1st ever birdie a 135 yard par 3. Hit a 15 ft putt. Dad was more excited than he was. His 1st practice with new team is today and 1st match next Tuesday. 

20210329_175844.jpg

A 15 foot putt on a bumpy green that had just been airyated! Impressive! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last night my daughter and her fiance bought their first house and it just happened to be on grandma's birthday who passed away 3 months ago. When they got to the house yesterday to finalize everything there was a Cardinal perched on the front railing. 

Today is Aydens 1st golf match. Big sister Sent him a nice goodie basket.

20210415_075146.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Last night my daughter and her fiance bought their first house and it just happened to be on grandma's birthday who passed away 3 months ago. When they got to the house yesterday to finalize everything there was a Cardinal perched on the front railing. 

Today is Aydens 1st golf match. Big sister Sent him a nice goodie basket.

20210415_075146.jpg

Hit 'em straight, Ayden!!  Best of luck today!!  😁   And isn't it amazing how God has a way of showing up...at those moments.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Russian friend in Crimea, her mother is Ukranian! Crimea a source of world sanctions, she says how horrible life is for the people there because of the sanctions.The stuff we hear from our media, the internet and the politicians is ???????

Mods feel free to delete!

image.png

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

My fiancé just got hired as the Columbus North Athletic Trainer. She currently works as an AT at Noblesville HS. I bought a house in Columbus 14 months ago.. she moved in, in January. 

122862265_10164265845185627_5095223241309043258_n (1).jpg

Edit.  Meant to say Congrats.  Great gig.  

crap.  Has she been commuting that this whole time?  

Edited by NotIThatLives

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

crap.  Has she been commuting that this whole time?  

I live on the Northside of Columbus. About 5 mins south of exit 76.. it's about a 60-65min drive for her. She's been doing that drive since Jan. Long story short, we had to get her house sold (close on Tuesday for that).. and she was offered this job today. This has been a big week, needless to say. Oh and we booked our honeymoon. 

So.. she is going to turn 120-140min round trip drive into like 15min round trip. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 6

Just now, btownqb said:

I live on the Northside of Columbus. About 5 mins south of exit 76.. it's about a 60-65min drive for her. She's been doing that drive since Jan. Long story short, we had to get her house sold (close on Tuesday for that).. and she was offered this job today. This has been a big week, needless to say. Oh and we booked our honeymoon. 

That is awesome.  Lots of balls rolling.  When is the wedding again?  I think you mentioned a date previously.  

I'm sure she had no problem selling a house in Hamilton County.  I watch the real estate daily.  My buddy is a mortgage guy.  Had a client offering on a house in Carmel.  The asking price was $220,000.  80 offers.  It went for $270,000.

• Like 1

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

That is awesome.  Lots of balls rolling.  When is the wedding again?  I think you mentioned a date previously.  

I'm sure she had no problem selling a house in Hamilton County.  I watch the real estate daily.  My buddy is a mortgage guy.  Had a client offering on a house in Carmel.  The asking price was $220,000.  80 offers.  It went for $270,000.

It's a sellers market that is for sure. Her house was actually in Lapel. Just a two bedroom, one bath. But it was a double lot in the corner. She bought it for $30K and used a $15K loan to remodel... wasn't perfect, but she sold it for just under $100K. She made enough profit to pay off her college loans (she has her masters), pay off her car loan, and have another $12K to put in the bank. She deserves it too. She put in an incredible amount of work in that house. Great starter home. 

My sister is selling their house in Franklin now... they are going through what your client went through. Had 30 offers the first day it was on the market lol 

We actually aren't having a wedding. I don't like the attention, and she is ok with that. I can't grasp spending that much money for one night... so we are going to do it at the courthouse with my mom there.. and have a party at my sister's new house (in ground pool) the third weekend in July. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

It's a sellers market that is for sure. Her house was actually in Lapel. Just a two bedroom, one bath. But it was a double lot in the corner. She bought it for $30K and used a $15K loan to remodel... wasn't perfect, but she sold it for just under $100K. She made enough profit to pay off her college loans (she has her masters), pay off her car loan, and have another $12K to put in the bank. She deserves it too. She put in an incredible amount of work in that house. Great starter home. 

My sister is selling their house in Franklin now... they are going through what your client went through. Had 30 offers the first day it was on the market lol 

We actually aren't having a wedding. I don't like the attention, and she is ok with that. I can't grasp spending that much money for one night... so we are going to do it at the courthouse with my mom there.. and have a party at my sister's new house (in ground pool) the third weekend in July. 

Good for you guys on all fronts.  Wife and I are both super cheap.  We did the wedding and dress and all for under 3k.  Maybe $1600 on honeymoon, 12 years ago.  Stay out of dumb debt, drive modest used cars, and work your way up in careers and financially speaking.  You guys are ahead of where I was heading out of that marriage gate.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Our wedding was small, ceremony and reception at same location.  I cant stand being in front of people. Everybody had something to complain about. If we had to do it again we wouldn't.  We didnt spend that much but its basically paying for people to eat for free. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Our wedding was small, ceremony and reception at same location.  I cant stand being in front of people. Everybody had something to complain about. If we had to do it again we wouldn't.  We didnt spend that much but its basically paying for people to eat for free. 

Exactly.. we are doing 2 or 3 kegs. Maybe snack food. That is it. 

17 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Good for you guys on all fronts.  Wife and I are both super cheap.  We did the wedding and dress and all for under 3k.  Maybe $1600 on honeymoon, 12 years ago.  Stay out of dumb debt, drive modest used cars, and work your way up in careers and financially speaking.  You guys are ahead of where I was heading out of that marriage gate.  

We are debt free at 30. Other than the mortgage. We are happy. Plus we have two good dogs. I greatly appreciate the kind words. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We are debt free at 30. Other than the mortgage. We are happy. Plus we have two good dogs. I greatly appreciate the kind words. 

We had a nice sized wedding (and a bigger reception) back in 1983. There's an overview pic on page 1 of this thread (I think).

We had a Catholic wedding on Scott AFB (I'm not Catholic, but my wife is, and I had to agree to have our kids go through Catholic catechism classes). The Catholic priest was a USAF LT Colonel. Nice guy. Before I had to go out in front to everybody, he could see I was nervous. Took me over to a little fridge they had, and poured me a big glass of sacramental wine :) 

We invited him to the reception...He brought his "sister" (who he seemed to be quite chummy with) and kept him steeped in scotch and waters all night...

Good luck to both of you...Sounds like you both have priorities in order...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So.. she is going to turn 120-140min round trip drive into like 15min round trip. 

by chance do you  ever fly a Tennessee flag in the back yard. Everytime I drive by it I wonder if that is you.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

by chance do you  ever fly a Tennessee flag in the back yard. Everytime I drive by it I wonder if that is you.

hahahahaha no!!!! but I see that darn thing every time. I live in that subdivision though. One of these I'm going to head over there to that guys house and shoot the s*** with him. lol 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We had a nice sized wedding (and a bigger reception) back in 1983. There's an overview pic on page 1 of this thread (I think).

We had a Catholic wedding on Scott AFB (I'm not Catholic, but my wife is, and I had to agree to have our kids go through Catholic catechism classes). The Catholic priest was a USAF LT Colonel. Nice guy. Before I had to go out in front to everybody, he could see I was nervous. Took me over to a little fridge they had, and poured me a big glass of sacramental wine :) 

We invited him to the reception...He brought his "sister" (who he seemed to be quite chummy with) and kept him steeped in scotch and waters all night...

Good luck to both of you...Sounds like you both have priorities in order...

Thank you sir! and I absolutely loved your story! 

• Like 1