The "Family" page

rico

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Not sure where to put this so figured here is as good as any. Shout out to my wife for such a great bday present. I think she felt bad for getting Botox for her Mother’s Day but I’ll take it nevertheless.

24245F69-F309-4F65-938B-A8B33A3582EB.jpeg

Who's that in the background?   😊

10 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Who's that in the background?   😊

Lol...I had to double check the pic to make sure my wife wasn’t in it...she would kill me. That’s our rat terrier Indy. She is a little to rambunctious to let out all the time lol. Indy and Colt....I feel for them because they’ve gone from having free reign to a fenced back yard to being house dogs who only go out on a leash. At least they are well fed...so I don’t feel too sorry.

E674138C-D06B-47A5-A622-13B98E335629.jpeg

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Lol...I had to double check the pic to make sure my wife wasn’t in it...she would kill me. That’s our rat terrier Indy. She is a little to rambunctious to let out all the time lol. Indy and Colt....I feel for them because they’ve gone from having free reign to a fenced back yard to being house dogs who only go out on a leash. At least they are well fed...so I don’t feel too sorry.

E674138C-D06B-47A5-A622-13B98E335629.jpeg

Love ratties.  We sadly had to re-home ours after the baby came.  We took him to training, tried meds, he was just a nervous wreck, snipped at my son a few times.  

I love their stance.  Awesome tough little dogs.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Love ratties.  We sadly had to re-home ours after the baby came.  We took him to training, tried meds, he was just a nervous wreck, snipped at my son a few times.  

I love their stance.  Awesome tough little dogs.  

I've had several over the years. The last one I had I wouldn't have been able to keep with our child. He was very very protective and not great around strangers. He was a furious hunter and would bring rabbits and squirrels and birds to our back door and in the house all the time. These two are very harmless (unless you are an animal/lizard that moves). They are really mild mannered. We still watch them very closely but when she was little she would pull on their ears and try to ride them etc and they just wanted to lick her to death lol. They do think my daughters toys are their toys though.

Colt the black one barks at everything but is scared of everything lol and Indy never barks but just wants to jump up and play with everyone. Definitely have to give them long walks to get the energy worked out of them because they can be way to crazy if you don't let them get that energy out. Great farm/country dogs. Wouldn't suggest them for people that live in apartments or don't have time to get them out. Feel bad they don't have the big backyard to play in anymore because when they had a doggy door and could run and play whenever they wanted really made my life easier. At least they are getting older and some of that energy has turned to napping lol.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

The Pernelli Jones exhibit was very cool. John Kraman who runs the auction gave us a little private tour and lots of insight. 

He also updated our tickets to a full access rest of the week passes. We had a great day!!

20210515_165540.jpg

Love watching the Mecum auctions and Kraman. The guy knows cars and is a straight shooter. He'll tell you if a modification fits or a car is worth the price...

• Like 1

Apparently they have a Tiger King in Crimea, my Russian friend sent me this picture!

image.thumb.png.61e6a10ddddf187e89be8cdb42f09f81.png

I sent her this picture of my kids some twenty something years ago!

image.png.e13744826ada7194e6cd529ecc2708c5.png

I imagine today, child services would be going to court to take my children away from me! I’m with @rico we are raising such sissy’s anymore!

My daughter standing at all of 5’2” could probably take on most millennia men! Comes from all those years of her picking fights with her older brother who wrestled in the individual State Championships!

I should add they have a great brother sister relationship!

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Kids today get so more advanced than we were, am I right?

You've got that right...

I grew up in Martinsville. We had 3 restaurants...Frisch's Big Boy, Charlie's (burger joint), and Gene Lewis's (think 3rd rate romance, low rent rendezvous)...

Hell, I didn't have shrimp til I was 12. We were in Fort Lauderdale at a hotel restaurant my Mom's friend ran. She said to order whatever we wanted. I ordered the fried shrimp, and the old man looks at me and says, "I don't care if you don't like them, you're still eating them." 

I did...so well that when the waitress came to clear off the plates, she said, " what did you do with the tails?"

I'd eaten them, of course...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

You've got that right...

I grew up in Martinsville. We had 3 restaurants...Frisch's Big Boy, Charlie's (burger joint), and Gene Lewis's (think 3rd rate romance, low rent rendezvous)...

Hell, I didn't have shrimp til I was 12. We were in Fort Lauderdale at a hotel restaurant my Mom's friend ran. She said to order whatever we wanted. I ordered the fried shrimp, and the old man looks at me and says, "I don't care if you don't like them, you're still eating them." 

I did...so well that when the waitress came to clear off the plates, she said, " what did you do with the tails?"

I'd eaten them, of course...

I remember eating true gumbo and eating the claws!! Also remember being in China and ordering a crab dish. When I was presented a whole crab, I asked our guide if there was anything I shouldn’t eat and he said no. As I was about to dig into a particularly interesting part he suddenly said no don’t eat that!

I’ll eat anything, no risk of me offending the host’s!

• Like 2